The Android thread

Does anyone know if theres an application that will allow me to set the phone to different sound profiles? What I'm looking for is what BlackBerry uses:

image000001_21.jpg

I would like to put the phone into vibrate only, silent mode (without vibrate) and alarm only.

Thanks Ice, that works perfectly. I tried Simple Sound Profile Widget, and it worked very well, except for that there was no independent alarm setting.

I'll use this for a while but I'll end up buying the Pro version, having presets is exactly what I need.

Have you guys noticed that Android is so awesome that it has made a over 100 pages thread in a car forum? :D

Just purchased a g2 and it blows the iPhone out of the water I can't believe that I waited so long to get an Android device!

Last edited:
I take it you had the 3G then? I can't stand using my girlfriend's, I feel like I might as well be using a rock.

Do any of you use your Android while exercising (jogging/biking?)? Do you guys just put it in your pocket, or do you use an armband?

I try to use my pocket for my phone but it always seems to jostle around too much if I run/move around too hard. Really annoying.

I don't exercise with my phone. If I wanted to listen to music I'd just an MP3 player since its cheaper to break that than the phone.

Do any of you use your Android while exercising (jogging/biking?)? Do you guys just put it in your pocket, or do you use an armband?

I try to use my pocket for my phone but it always seems to jostle around too much if I run/move around too hard. Really annoying.

I keep my it in the pocket of my training jacket while running, it is alright and still gets gps reception.

Before it got too cold I ran with it in my hand, that way I could check my distance and the pace I was running at.