The Android thread

Hmmm.... a bit harder to work out for me because of the family plan bundle deal stuff, let me see if I can work out what I pay monthly for unlimited data.

"Everything Data Family" plan that we have is $130/month for 2 lines plus $20/line for more.

"Everything Messaging Family" plan seems to pretty much be the same minus data, $100/month plus $10/line.

We have 5 lines. So data is $190, non data would be $130. $60 difference divided by 5 lines is $12/month per line for unlimited data. (solution bolded as they taught me in school :lol:)

40Mb of 3g for 3,99eur/monht.
supricingly i haven't gone past 20Mb /month :eek:

Just tried to flash CM7 via Rom Manager. It started to brick, so I pulled the battery and have given up for now.

Just tried to flash CM7 via Rom Manager. It started to brick, so I pulled the battery and have given up for now.

I do everything from the recovery. I don't think it should be able to brick from installing a custom ROM, since you can still get to the recovery, right?

Nope, it starts to die when I try recovery. I have the latest version of CWM, so unless I need a special version it should at least get that far. Now that I think of it, I'm not positive I have S-off, and that would of course be a problem. Meh, stock root is doing well enough for me.

EDIT: Ah shit. after this reboot the phone is indicating about 10% more remaining battery than before the attempt. My battery stats are likely exploded and I have no recovery to wipe them with.

Last edited:
Angry Birds Rio is free for us... sadly, of course Amazon App needed.

It's a bit of a ballache to get the store.

Amazon

Grrrrrrrrrrrr you cunt's. "It is not yet available in your region"

Last edited:
Been there. I actually went through the trouble of downloading the app, entering a CC into amazon's site when prompted, enabling 1 click, restarting the app, and then when I thought I was gonna get to play free Angry Birds, BAM!

FUCK YOU, AMAZON!

X-plane really needs more planes. And helis.

Nope, it starts to die when I try recovery. I have the latest version of CWM, so unless I need a special version it should at least get that far. Now that I think of it, I'm not positive I have S-off, and that would of course be a problem. Meh, stock root is doing well enough for me.

EDIT: Ah shit. after this reboot the phone is indicating about 10% more remaining battery than before the attempt. My battery stats are likely exploded and I have no recovery to wipe them with.

That's.... bad. Try re-flashing, or flashing an alternative? The recovery is supposed to be the fail-safe.

Been there. I actually went through the trouble of downloading the app, entering a CC into amazon's site when prompted, enabling 1 click, restarting the app, and then when I thought I was gonna get to play free Angry Birds, BAM!

FUCK YOU, AMAZON!

Cracked apk... suck my wang, Amazon.

EDIT: It's weird, looks different. Plays different.

Last edited:
x2 on that one.

USB Tethering apps are available for a small one-time fee on the Market for unrooted phones...

You need root if you want to hide the fact that you're tethering.

Gee, I know that.

I guess you guys haven't heard how AT&T is sending texts to their subscribers who are tethering without paying for a separate data plan (i.e. using those root apps from the Market) to either sign up for tethering plans or AT&T is going to go ahead and enroll them automatically.

How they know these people are tethering I don't know, but this is totally happening.

Gee, I know that.

I guess you guys haven't heard how AT&T is sending texts to their subscribers who are tethering without paying for a separate data plan (i.e. using those root apps from the Market) to either sign up for tethering plans or AT&T is going to go ahead and enroll them automatically.

How they know these people are tethering I don't know, but this is totally happening.

Heard about it today, glad I don't use AT&T anymore (or T-Mobile for that matter).

Heard about it today, glad I don't use AT&T anymore (or T-Mobile for that matter).

Ha, yeah, T-Mo consumers are probably going to get shafted the worst in this all-out corporate raping of the industry... I don't really see what AT&T users have to lose but it must suck if you've made a point of going with the small guy (T-Mo) for whatever reason.

Actually, something similar happened in Canada. I was always with Fido who were the first GSM carrier in Canada (all of North America too) and by far the smallest carrier, and then they got bought out by Rogers who were/are pretty much like Canada's AT&T. Canada is in some senses even worse off than the US in terms of mobile services, though at least reception isn't much of an issue here.

So far they've only been contacting iPhone users afaik. They haven't contacted me.

Ha, yeah, T-Mo consumers are probably going to get shafted the worst in this all-out corporate raping of the industry... I don't really see what AT&T users have to lose but it must suck if you've made a point of going with the small guy (T-Mo) for whatever reason.

Actually, something similar happened in Canada. I was always with Fido who were the first GSM carrier in Canada (all of North America too) and by far the smallest carrier, and then they got bought out by Rogers who were/are pretty much like Canada's AT&T. Canada is in some senses even worse off than the US in terms of mobile services, though at least reception isn't much of an issue here.

your contracts and prices seem to be totally shit compared to the rest of the world

Australia is quite competitive in the mobile space (asides from devices coming out late)

But at least my internet isn't capped at some laughable amount of GBs. :p

I'm actually kind of enjoying Angry Birds Rio, at least the graphics and stuff are tweaked for once.

But at least my internet isn't capped at some laughable amount of GBs. :p

I'm actually kind of enjoying Angry Birds Rio, at least the graphics and stuff are tweaked for once.

my internet is 200gb a month and to be honest I can't use most of that because i'm at work or doing other stuff