The Android thread

After debating about whether to do a deal with the devil and get the Droid 3, or wait to see what Samsung's bringing to the table I decided to hold out longer. Pentile's full of fail. It's a shame that the screen's so bad, and there's not a lot of RAM (512 mb instead of 1 gb) as this redesign fixed everything that irritated me about the first two iterations, particularly in the keyboard department. (it's actually usable for more than a few minutes w/out your fingers cramping up)

If this pans out: http://www.androidcentral.com/closer-look-verizons-samsung-slider-android-234-and-lte and is based on Galaxy S II internals as rumored....I'll be ordering on launch day. While I could probably get by on a full touchscreen like the standard Galaxy S II, I feel more confident using a physical board *shrugs*

If this pans out: http://www.androidcentral.com/closer-look-verizons-samsung-slider-android-234-and-lte and is based on Galaxy S II internals as rumored....I'll be ordering on launch day. While I could probably get by on a full touchscreen like the standard Galaxy S II, I feel more confident using a physical board *shrugs*

fair enough, to each their own!
a female friend of mine actually asked me about a phone the other day and it had to have a physical keyboard because of her frighteningly long fingernails. in the end i told her to get them cut short because there simply wasnt any decent phone with full keyboard in her pricerange (admittedly, <200eur doesnt give you much to work on...).

fair enough, to each their own!
a female friend of mine actually asked me about a phone the other day and it had to have a physical keyboard because of her frighteningly long fingernails. in the end i told her to get them cut short because there simply wasnt any decent phone with full keyboard in her pricerange (admittedly, <200eur doesnt give you much to work on...).
Used Motorola Milestone?

Does she want both a touchscreen and a keyboard or is she fine without a touchscreen at all?

Does she want both a touchscreen and a keyboard or is she fine without a touchscreen at all?

both. thanks for the help guys, but i think she's already found some phone somewhere, so i wont help by coming up with something now. it'll only make her angry i haven't found something before :p

OK so I've had my Desire since last autumn. One of the first apps I installed was Yahoo! Mail and it has always shown me new e-mails pretty much instantaneously.

However in the last few days it has been failing to pick up on most of them or give me any alerts. I haven't updated or changed anything. Anyone got any clues?

OK so I've had my Desire since last autumn. One of the first apps I installed was Yahoo! Mail and it has always shown me new e-mails pretty much instantaneously.

However in the last few days it has been failing to pick up on most of them or give me any alerts. I haven't updated or changed anything. Anyone got any clues?

Just setup Yahoo Mail in the default built in mail app? Other than that, I'm not terribly sure why it could be playing up, perhaps yahoo's having mail issues..

Speaking of mails, can anyone recommand me an e-mail app more feature-rich than the built-in one? A decent search feature would be nice, for example.

Last edited:
I use MailDroid, but only because it works with my mail server, in contrast to the built-in mail application and others that change only the UI from the built-in solution.

Speaking of mail issues, my LG Optimus One has the strange bug that it doesn't allow hyphens in mail adresses in the address book. Is that exclusive to this phone or a more generally known issue?

Tried pressing the search button? :p
Am I stupid, blind, or both? I can't find the search button in the Mail program.

EDIT: I am talking about the mail program for non-Gmail mail, not the Gmail app.

Last edited:
Am I stupid, blind, or both? I can't find the search button in the Mail program.

EDIT: I am talking about the mail program for non-Gmail mail, not the Gmail app.

The hardware search button on the phone.

He has an HD2, which IIRC doesn't have a dedicated search button.

L0QtY.jpg

Doesn't appear to, but i'm sure you could map the Windows button to search, depending on the ROM that's installed.

I forgot how sexy that phone is.

I forgot how sexy that phone is.

Indeed. In my opinion, that was the pinnacle of HTC design. Nothing since has come close in both appearance and fit & finish. Not even the devices based on it's general form factor. (Infuse, etc..)

I'd like to see the Sensation in black.