The Android thread

Not to piss on your couch, but I honestly don't see any real advantages to iPhone OS over Android.

Not to piss on your couch, but I honestly don't see any real advantages to iPhone OS over Android.

Can't deny the sheer number of apps. Some of the built-in functionality is a bit nicer to use as well, in my limited experience.

Can't deny the sheer number of apps. Some of the built-in functionality is a bit nicer to use as well, in my limited experience.

The number of apps alone can hardly be considered a real reason for why one OS might be better than the other, though I admit it does increase the likelihood that you'll find an app that does exactly what you want. Also keep in mind that Android app development is really just taking off. As for built-in functionality, I think that comes down more to personal preference, but Android gives you the ability to replace virtually any function with a third party option.

It's not a reason why the iPhone OS is better, but it is an advantage to using it.

Shut up, I'm pedantic.

And don't get me wrong, I have a droid phone and don't see myself buying any Apple product in the forseeable future.

wtf2.jpg

Just a little question for you guys to talk about:
Do you think we will start to see the quality games and programs from companies like EA games? Maybe when the paid apps gets world wide?
And do you think the Android Market will overtake the famous App-store one day in both quality and quantity?

:)

Possibly quantity, but without any real quality control I'm not too convinced about quality.

I'm sure we'll start to see the Sims etc. eventually, EA has a compulsion to make one for every platform ever. I don't see the quality or quantity approaching the App Store any time soon... as ahpadt said, less quality restriction. However, this also means less content restriction, which means we see apps that simply aren't possible on iPhone. Plus it only takes a few good Apps to bubble to the top and make me forget about all the shit ones.

Possibly quantity, but without any real quality control I'm not too convinced about quality.

There's plenty of shit applications on iPhone,

or are you saying that you think that the countless fart apps and other stupid programs are qualtiy

This is a list of updates that the Nexus One is supposed to receive on May 19th by upgrading to 2.2:

• JIT compiler (confirmed)
  • Free additional RAM (from newer 2.6.32 Linux kernel)
  • OpenGL ES 2.0 enhancements
  • Flash 10.1 support (1H 2010)
  • Fixed problem with ?crazy screen? / Resolution of cross multitouch
  • Activation of Color Trackball
  • Enable FM radio

Come on Sprint, I'll be happy to get 2.1 at this point. It was supposed to be April!