The Android thread

And HTCs don't. Especially the ones with aluminium unibodies. :D

All we know is... Samsungs feel cheap in the hand.

I'm actually quite happy with the stratosphere from a physical build perspective. No wiggle with the slider, relatively weighty (but not too much so you're not feeling the weight "pull" you when typing in some situations) its nice.

And HTCs don't. Especially the ones with aluminium unibodies. :D

I will admit that beyond some questionable asthetic decisions htc's are still pretty solid. Ironically I like the vivid and many here in the states were not impressed with the styling.

I can't wait for this Friday to come and for the Galaxy Nexus to not be available on verizon!

ForeverAloneExcited.png

I got Tetris, it made me very angry.

Google just released the Currents app. It's basically a glorified RSS reader and boy, does it look pretty. It's currently only available in the market if you're from the US, but a little googling will find you the apk, after which there are no more limitations.

luckily the amazon app store has a few of these, like tetris and can knockdown among others, had to "get" reckless tho

Google just released the Currents app. It's basically a glorified RSS reader and boy, does it look pretty. It's currently only available in the market if you're from the US, but a little googling will find you the apk, after which there are no more limitations.
That's kinda interesting considering that they have a Google Reader app already.

I think they just wanted to ditch it, rather than rewrite. This is much much better. Also, there's a section in the app for your google reader feeds.

Actually, they're completely different. As far as I can tell, Currents has no way of allowing me to look at all of my feeds at once. I have to choose one and scroll through it. This, combined with the eye-killing light color theme has me going right back to Pulse.

Actually, they're completely different. As far as I can tell, Currents has no way of allowing me to look at all of my feeds at once. I have to choose one and scroll through it. This, combined with the eye-killing light color theme has me going right back to Pulse.

Yup, Currents is pretty much another one of those flashy "i wanna read things like a newspaper on my electronic device" RSS reader apps that make quickly looking at shit in an organized manner a pain in the ass. Just like I've said no to Pulse or whatever the fuck the big one on the iPhone/iPad is, I'll stick to Google Reader. It's simple and gets the job done.

/a total "get off my lawn" moment

An excellent article: http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-really-nexus-you-betcha

Last edited:
Well, after a lot of time in court, Apple have failed to have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 banned from sale in Australia. It will be in shops in time for Christmas. :D

Moreso, Moto has won an injunction against all iPhones up to the 4(4s wasn't around when they filed) as well as 3G iPads in Germany.

Funnily enough I was listening to the Engadget podcast and they were talking about it. Aparently Currents is supposed to be a morning paper type of thing where things are downloaded for you to read later, while Reader is more realtime. Still not sure of the point...

Funnily enough I was listening to the Engadget podcast and they were talking about it. Aparently Currents is supposed to be a morning paper type of thing where things are downloaded for you to read later, while Reader is more realtime. Still not sure of the point...

Currents = 21st century replacement for the magazine in the bathroom (eww..talk about germ city...)

Reader = quick and dirty checks of news while you're on the go.

Is it just me or is the 10C sale app selection quiet meh the past 2 days.