The Android thread

Dear HTC, please bring the EVO (or anything better then the Magic, for that matter) to Brazil.
Thanks,
Guilherme Atencio

Dear HTC, please bring the EVO (or anything better then the Magic, for that matter) to Brazil.
Thanks,
Guilherme Atencio

+1 for having a cool name.

:lol:
That?s not even my full name.
Guilherme Wagner Gutierrez Atencio makes me feel like an Italo-spanish prince. :p

^ 1+ for being able to remember your name! :lol:

Official 2.1 release for the GSM Hero people!
I suggest using the version VillainROM offers, it's based on the official ROM but clocked to 690MHz with added functionality like Apps2sd, tethering, root, etc. etc.
Linky

Does anyone know a good program which allows me to sync a Windows Mobile and Android phone?

Does anyone know a good program which allows me to sync a Windows Mobile and Android phone?

sync what type of content, photos, music, videos, etc?

If so, try DoubleTwist. It's actually quite good stuff.

If it's contacts, I'm honestly not sure. *shrugs* :)

I need something to transfer all my appointments, tasks, notes, etc to Android if I do end up buying an Android handset in the future.

First, sync them with your pc, then you can export to a standard format from most of those programs and import those files into google (calendar, contacts, etc...), which will then automatically sync to your phone. In regards to notes, I think those are too arbitrary, so you'll have to input them by hand into one of the many programs that exist for taking notes.

I just tossed Helix Launcher on my CDMA/sprint Hero with 2.1 (damagecontrol mod 2.08.1), enabled JIT, and put in an overclocked kernel to 710mhz

Well I now have little desire to upgrade the phone now that the phone FINALLY actually rotates to landscape keyboard faster than a Yugo can run the 1/4mile.

Well it might be time for me to root, xda got the N1 to record in 720p.

I need something to transfer all my appointments, tasks, notes, etc to Android if I do end up buying an Android handset in the future.

Is your WinMo handset syncing with an exchange server or with outlook (via active sync)?

Mine was, so what I did was use PIM-Backup to back-up everything, remove the outlook sync (this removes everything that was syncing from your phone), restore with PIM-Backup, then set-up gmail exchange sync.

At this point, all your contact, email, and calendar events should be in your google account. You then buy an Android phone, sync with your google account, and voil?!

I don't know if notes and tasks would work too.

Beware tough, in my case Google Calendar decided for some reason to resend invitations to all the participants of a dozen of old appointments (like more than five year old). Quite a few emails I received that week asking why I was sending this...

The site himself claims to be biased, but it worth the read nonetheless. :)
Thanks!

And the article claims that he'll try his best not to be biased (he even excluded his own opinion), but numbers tell for themselves. If there's any other criteria worth looking into and comparing, I'm game.

He lists "No" for Flash on 2.1, is this still an HTC exclusive feature? My Hero had limited support on 1.5 and now on 2.1 it's almost perfect accuracy-wise (still quite slow). Still, that should be listed as third-party or have a note.

He lists "No" for Flash on 2.1, is this still an HTC exclusive feature? My Hero had limited support on 1.5 and now on 2.1 it's almost perfect accuracy-wise (still quite slow). Still, that should be listed as third-party or have a note.

Yep, flash in 2.1 is only supported trough 3rd party (flash lite on 2.1 with Sence), but I don't think it can be added to non-SenseUI devices.