The Android thread

woot! downloading asphalt 7: heat atm

1.37 gig :shock: for an android game :shock:

Re: The Android thread

I keep getting error 481 when trying to download it....clearing cache and removing my account didn't help =(

Meh, never got the point of "full-blown" gaming on portable devices. Tried one of the Asphalt games (6 I think it was) a while ago on the iPad, didn't like it. I only carry a couple minigames around on the phone to waste time with when I'm waiting in a queue or something like that - Angry Birds and the like, something you can play for 5 minutes and then shut off when you have to move on. To that regard, Bad Piggies was just released by Rovio, looks quite fun.

Totally agree on that point, action gaming just doesn't work without more complex controls. I hate vaguely rubbing the screen in various places to try to get around in shooting games, not to mention you cover the screen with your fingers while doing so. Where's the new Xperia Play <_<

There are plenty of games that do work and benefit from the touch screen so I stick to those. I'll give Symphony of Eternity a try since there shouldn't be any time pressure in a traditional RPG, I just hope you can save and quit anywhere, anytime.

Anyone using waze?

I am liking it, so far. :D

I've asked about this before, but didn't really find something I was happy with; I am looking for something (preferably) identical to ios notes.

I find it very annoying that it doesn't come with my Xperia Pro (4.0.4), all I want to do is make lists with the possibility to add reminders.

Any suggestions?

notes-usage.png

Meh, never got the point of "full-blown" gaming on portable devices. Tried one of the Asphalt games (6 I think it was) a while ago on the iPad, didn't like it. I only carry a couple minigames around on the phone to waste time with when I'm waiting in a queue or something like that - Angry Birds and the like, something you can play for 5 minutes and then shut off when you have to move on. To that regard, Bad Piggies was just released by Rovio, looks quite fun.

i agree, i spend my toilet time playing drag racing, so addictive, trying to get that last one hundredth of a second of your time :D

I've asked about this before, but didn't really find something I was happy with; I am looking for something (preferably) identical to ios notes.

I find it very annoying that it doesn't come with my Xperia Pro (4.0.4), all I want to do is make lists with the possibility to add reminders.

ColorNote.

I went back to the phone store again and did some more touching (like some sort of weirdo). I came across the Xperia Go which felt very nice in hand. This time I checked Android version on the Go (and P) and they're running 2.3, and since it's in a store the "task manager" shows a billion apps running in the background. Then I youtubed the Go and found this that makes me want it despite having "only" 1Ghz 2core 512 ram and little (but expandable) memory. I mean who doesnt want to skip their phone over water like a stone?

all i bought from the sale was Ocean HD, already had angry birds and wasnt interested in asphalt

The groceries hit the screen of my tablet and now the screen is cracked. :(

I am tempted to replace it myself.

I was thinking of buying a Nexus 7, so maybe the replacement cost makes me actually do it.

I'd prefer something that's just a widget where I can place multiple notes on... that doesn't need permissions over permissions over permissions.
There are good reasons for every permission it needs. Except for the stupid cloud note backup they offer and the network access it needs.
And it has a note widget.

I went back to the phone store again and did some more touching (like some sort of weirdo). I came across the Xperia Go which felt very nice in hand. This time I checked Android version on the Go (and P) and they're running 2.3, and since it's in a store the "task manager" shows a billion apps running in the background. Then I youtubed the Go and found this that makes me want it despite having "only" 1Ghz 2core 512 ram and little (but expandable) memory. I mean who doesnt want to skip their phone over water like a stone?
According to internet rumors, the Go will get an Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update in early October. That's good news because it seems like there is no aftermarket support for it at all.

I went back to the phone store again and did some more touching (like some sort of weirdo).

I am now imagining you trench-coated and hunch-backed, shiftily shuffling around the store. Heavy-lidded eyes darting from left to right as your sweaty hands caress the shiny new handsets.

A salesperson strides up to ask if he can help you, to which you reply in the voice of Peter Lorre- "I'm just here to fondle your phones."