No announcement yet.

The Android thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon backup utility - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en

Android really, really needs a standardized way to transfer apps and data across devices. God knows how long I spend trying to set up my phone.
    Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

When I got my Nexus 10, it started downloading all my apps once I had logged into my Google account. Not all of my games kept their save files, but some of them did, so I consider that a developer issue rather than a problem with Android itself.
      "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

Originally posted by nsx_23 View Post
        Carbon backup utility - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.backup&hl=en

Android really, really needs a standardized way to transfer apps and data across devices. God knows how long I spend trying to set up my phone.
        The apps themselves should transfer between your devices when you sign in. The functionality is hit or miss...sometimes it does work, other times not so much.

I do wish they would leverage your Drive space more...backing up app data, photos and text messages to the cloud. I know they let you auto upload photos but you have to be a google+ member and download the + app to do that...I don't let anything auto upload my photos because I don't really feel comfortable doing that.
        "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Originally posted by chaos386 View Post
          How granular are AOKP's notification controls? One of the things I use Light Flow for is app-specific vibration patterns.
          You can create custom vibration patterns - not sure how granular you can assign them as I never used the feature.
          Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
          (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Blayde View Post
            Got light flow lite for some nifty color LED notifications, then i learn it sort of takes over the LED and doesnt let whatsapp or any other app with built in light work, unless you buy the full version of light flow for 2.5$ which has "app support". I DONT WANT YOUR APP SUPPORT, STOP BLOCKING MY OWN APPS LIGHTS THEN CHARGING ME FOR IT. #firstworldproblems

That is some shit. Why does Google let them get away with that?
            "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
              That is some shit. Why does Google let them get away with that?
              I emailed the dev, apparently it's the only way to do it without creating conflicts, he wished he didn't have to do it that way, since it makes his job more of a headache adding support for each and every app that would need it, but it's the way android does the LEDs, so unless Google fixes it or every app from Google or otherwise add LED functionality, impossible to go around

My Shirt Store

Some say he migrated when fuel hit 4 pounds per gallon and that he can make
              'special price' for you. All we know is, he's the Stig's Arab cousin; Al-Stig!

Comment

My One X + had an update, didn't add anything?

Comment

Maybe it took something back.

Comment

Welp, my phone battery died, my dad has a spare for now, but:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

How bad can it be?

Terrible, probably. But I'd love for this thing to last longer.

EDIT: It's arrived. Still charging but is taking much longer to do so which is a good sign. The replacement back cover is glossy black (original Samsung is textured) and is awful quality, but it will do. Will have to see if I can get used to the size.
                    Last edited by thevictor390; February 8th, 2013, 2:10 PM.

Comment

Time for some bragging - got a new record battery life out of my GNex:

As you can see, the brutal standby time comes from not using the phone at all. This is more representative of everyday use:

(The screen-off activity is e-mail being pushed to the phone)

32h on one charge with three hours screen on time is not all that bad - but I was pleasantly surprised to see the phone last 60+ hours even if I did not really use it during this time.
                      Last edited by Dr_Grip; February 10th, 2013, 2:05 PM.
                      Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
                      (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
                        Time for some bragging - got a new record battery life out of my GNex:
                        As you can see, the brutal standby time comes from not using the phone at all. This is more representative of everyday use:
                        (The screen-off activity is e-mail being pushed to the phone)

32h on one charge with three hours screen on time is not all that bad - but I was pleasantly surprised to see the phone last 60+ hours even if I did not really use it during this time.

Mine usually lasts quite long as well (Nexus 4). Even with data on all day (8AM till 7PM ish) and Wifi on all the rest of the time, I have a good 50% charge left before I plug it in at night for a top up.
                        FTP Update: https://forums.finalgear.com/ftp-thr...welcome-61327/

Comment

Originally posted by TechZ View Post
                          Mine usually lasts quite long as well (Nexus 4). Even with data on all day (8AM till 7PM ish) and Wifi on all the rest of the time, I have a good 50% charge left before I plug it in at night for a top up.
                          Frustratingly, I usually am at around 45 to 50 percent when I go to bed, just five to ten percent less than I'd need to get through another day.
                          (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

That's better for the battery anyway.
                            PunisherBass: ANYONE with an IQ higher than a jar of mayo wouldn't be able to get through the scientology mumbojumbo without laughing their ass off.
                            Clegg: PunisherBass, quit insulting mayo.

Comment

Auto Call Recorder
                              https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.callrecorder

Has anyone tried this app before? Some feedback would be nice, thanks.
                              Supporting : Martin Brundle | Kimi Räikkönen | Jenson Button | Michael Schumacher | Robert Kubica | Sebastian Vettel | Petter Solberg | Mikko Hirvonen | Andy Priaulx | Jason Plato | Mat Jackson

Nokia N95 8Gb | Nokia N97 32Gb | Nokia N900 32Gb | HTC HD2 | Samsung Galaxy 7.0 P3100 | Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 | Asus Google Nexus 7

'10 Ford Bantam 1.3i | RHD
                              '09 VW MKV Golf GTI 2.0T DSG | APR Stage 1 | LHD
                              '08 Honda Civic Coupé | LHD
                              '06 BMW 130i | RHD
                              '05 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS | RHD
                              '05 Ford Bantam 1.3i | RHD
                              '95 Mercedes Benz E320 Sportline | RHD

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
                                Frustratingly, I usually am at around 45 to 50 percent when I go to bed, just five to ten percent less than I'd need to get through another day.
                                I'm surprised at the battery life of the Google N4. Consider it's more powerful than my old phone (which isn't quite that old to be honest) it does quite well. I haven't been disappointed by my Nexus 4 yet.
                                "When once you have tasted flight,
                                you will forever walk the earth
                                with your eyes turned skyward.
                                For there you have been,
                                and there you long to return."
                                -Leonardo DaVinci-

Comment

Compared to my Nexus S, the battery life is significantly better. I'm only on HSPA+, but two of my friends who are on LTE tells me there seems to be no impact on battery life. The stock ROM is nice, but I reckon CM 10.1 with the franco kernel really makes it a lot better. It even makes the colors look a little more saturated. The ability to customize the color of the notification light was also a big plus for me. The screen tuning was the only issue that I really had with the phone. I can easily last for an entire day with around 30% to spare when I plug it in at night. I got around 4+ hours of screen time and I still ended up with around 20% when I started to charge it at night. All things considered, its probably one of the best Android devices out there.
                                  Last edited by Wizegui; February 15th, 2013, 6:43 AM.

My 1993 Lexus IS 150...
                                  If you actually googled this up, then I've got some bad news for you...
                                  Samsung Nexus S w/ ICS

Comment

Results are in on the $10 Amazon superbattery:

1) 89% battery remaining after 16 hours of standby, including a couple of MMS and checking email once or twice as it comes in. Awesome

2) The back shell cracked after 2 days and is now held on with Scotch tape (as a precaution, it still holds its form). Not awesome.

Comment

?
                                      "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

Comment

Originally posted by Redliner View Post

bugs. universal in any language!
                                        "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

Meanwhile in Nexus 10 land:

Also, apparently armed cats doesn't support file uploads from a nexus 10.
                                          My car is Greener than your car.

LegendZ live forever.

Comment

Working...
                                          X