The Android thread

So I spreadsheeted my options, what I do with a phone versus a tablet and a laptop and put all the various options I have for upgrading.

Went on to the google play store, ordered the 32 GB nex 5 in white, $445, not givin a fuggg.

Did the price go up? It was originally listed at $400

Did the price go up? It was originally listed at $400

No it's $399 for the 32 GB before taxes and shipping.

After taxes and shipping (chose the 2 day option since it's only 5 bucks more), it's $445.

No it's $399 for the 32 GB before taxes and shipping.

After taxes and shipping (chose the 2 day option since it's only 5 bucks more), it's $445.

Enjoy it's a great phone. If you're looking at custom roms I recommend the Cataclysm rom on XDA, works like stock with some CM style custom options

I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully finally a phone that works properly.

As soon as the 16 GB black version is in stock I'm buying one and truly, legitimately honestly ditching verizon. Since i'm off contract, dumping my line should be a breeze.

Well I'm using a VPN to check the store (Which is in Florida I think). Play store reports the 16GB black as "Leaves warehouse in 3 - 4 weeks".

So Injustice is kinda awesome. Too bad it isn't available in my region so I had to download the apk from another place. Payments are in local currency though, how does that make sense?

N2LVfo7.png

Y61y9QE.png

battery life is why I dumped my nexus, with work email it flattened itself by about 1 every day

Guys, any opinions on the Optimus G? The Nexus is fading away, even after the CM root and update. I like the Sony and LG square styling, but this particular LG caught my eye. Is it any good, the specs certainly say it is and many reviews praise it.

Did it ever get KitKat 4.4 or is it only JB?

Guys, any opinions on the Optimus G? The Nexus is fading away, even after the CM root and update. I like the Sony and LG square styling, but this particular LG caught my eye. Is it any good, the specs certainly say it is and many reviews praise it.

Did it ever get KitKat 4.4 or is it only JB?

Not even all the Nexus devices have received KK yet if that helps. The question you should be asking is if it had its update to 4.2.2 or 4.3 yet

DERP, totally didn't pay attention to the %ages below. Disregard temporary stupidity.

Shelved Android Code Hints That Way Better Camera Apps Are Coming

Android has come a long way as a platform in the last couple of years, but one drawback of the phones is that for the most part their cameras lag behind what's available for Windows Phone and iOS ). A batch of comments discovered in the Android source code hints that the cameras might be getting a lot better soon.
The Android documentation hints at a new Camera API for the platform. It was discovered by enterprising Google+ user Josh Brown and initially reported by Ars Technica. In short, it appears that Google started working on a new API to be launched with KitKat but that it couldn't be completed in time, so an entry was added the documentation hiding it it from the final product.
The most intriguing part of the new API, some of which is documented here, is that it appears the camera application will be able to access RAW image sensor data rather than merely data that's already been processed to JPEG. Beyond letting you write RAW files to your phone's flash memory so that you can edit them later in programs like Adobe Lightroom, the RAW camera support opens the door for more sophisticated on-board editing, as well as new, better processing developed by third parties. There are also signs of a burst mode in the offing, something that it's always surprising to remember Android doesn't already have by now.

Encouraging news

Not even all the Nexus devices have received KK yet if that helps. The question you should be asking is if it had its update to 4.2.2 or 4.3 yet

Oh is that how it is? I'm not really up to date, I must say.

So, any opinions on my possible choice? Yes-no? :)

Oh is that how it is? I'm not really up to date, I must say.

So, any opinions on my possible choice? Yes-no? :)

No opinions on the Optimus G, sorry, but it shares the same hardware as the Nexus 4 I believe