The Android thread

Haven't seen it on the Note 4 but shit backlighting on buttons seems the norm on Samsung devices.

At first i was like, how nice that e-ink screen. But then i saw the front side and was meh, a regular screen, only gonna make it more expensive. :(

Google is rolling out a new version of the Play Store (5.1.11), which adds a new pass of the material design with several improvements on L and a new account page where you can monitor your recent purchases and set payment options.

If you don't want to wait for the gradual roll out to hit your device, there's an apk.

It's already gone in Lollipop. Photos is the replacement. I liked it before but now it dumps every photo that is related to my Google account in one place, which I don't like. So I use Quickpic

There's a menu on the left that lets you sort, you know that, right?

Also, HTC One GPE editions got the 5.0.1 update today.

And I just went with CM12. Ugh! I guess it's time for some titanium backup.

My Nexus should be here tomorrow. The Moto 360 has been on Ebay for a few days and is doing ok.

There's a menu on the left that lets you sort, you know that, right?

The "On device" section? Few more steps involved which I'm not a fan of. Swipe-tap-tap vs a single tap for Quickpic.

My Nexus should be here tomorrow. The Moto 360 has been on Ebay for a few days and is doing ok.

:thumbsup:

Nope, at 11am. "Picked at warehouse and ready for delivery by DPD"

Did a Twitter search when this hadn't changed. No-one has turned to "Shipped" I had a different DPD delivery last week and that wasn't picked up until midnight, so I thought ok, maybe. 1am and still "Ready for delivery"

So, I just did a live chat "Yep, it's due on Monday"

What even though when I ordered and it said "From the 5th? and the guy last week said definitely Saturday"

Bastards, give me my free phone and crummy smartwatch. <_<

If you stop watching the water, it will boil sooner...

:p

While im still not a fan of large screens, im loving the OPO, and the work CM has done feels very seamless and somethings Google should incorporate into the nexus package. Cant wait for a Lollipop release of CM so i can compare both my N4 and OPO in pure useability terms

I'm running an unofficial 5.0.1 build of CM on my One and it's no different than stock when it comes to looks. There are two tweaks for the status bar (brightness, quick pulldown) and there's advanced reboot, but that's it, really. OPO's build is actually highly customized, compared to mainstream CM (or just uses a very detailed theme - which is also a thing with Lollipop, no theming engine (yet)).

And I've just spent the past 3 hours migrating to the official HTC build of 5.0.1 and... oh my... I thought the CM12 build was smooth, but this just takes it to a new level.

It's missing advanced power menu for now, but I don't mind that much. I'll install it when it gets added, but it won't make me go back. The smoothness...