The Android thread

How to lock the screen while watching youtube videos ? Is there a special app to do that ? It was standard feature on my Wave and Wave II...

Only sound ? No. On my both bada phones I can play fullscreen videos and lock the screen. I want to do the same on android.

To just have sound? I don't think you can with the official youtube app, but according to the description, you can with this one (it has some other features too): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Mata.YTplayer

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't work on my phone and it's got riddled with ads.

With the latest update they removed background playing.

Warning : we just recive notification about violation in our app cause: Background playing of YouTube videos is in violation of the YouTube API Terms.
https://developers.google.com/youtube/terms, II Prohibitions (8).
-----so we remove Background playing from app in this Update ------

I don't suppose anyone knows anyone who knows anyone with an invite for the bamboo backplate for the OnePlus One? I don't know why they're making it so hard to get one. I really want one :/

You can still order them, they have limited stock but it's invite only and the code is seprate from the regular OPO invite

On my DNA I have a "Screenshots" folder and I also set up another folder in the gallery, literally called "New Album". Trouble is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to browse to those folders when I connect the phone to my computer. Under details the files list the path as /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots (for the "Screenshots" folder) but there is no such path when I browse through on my PC. What gives?

iirc, that should just show up as Pictures on the computer.

If this makes you receive tons of spam, gives you testicular cancer and puts you in the Jehova's witnesses mailing list, I won't have pity on you.

does it also give you a lisp like the guy in the video? Cause that's a dealbreaker for me, no matter how many free game upgrades you get...

:lol:

"The Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) is a communications protocol that allows media files to be transferred atomically to and from portable devices." :p I should have asked whether you were using USB. Which I assume you are.

Are the folders empty? Maybe the Gallery app only makes folders when you have a picture inside them. Do you see the folders when you use a file explorer?

On the computer the folders should be under Pictures\Screenshots. You don't have to go through storage, emulated etc...