The Android thread

Seriously. :nod:

I said the video player, I know music keeps going in the background. Sometimes I'll be watching a video podcast or something and I'll want to check something else while I keep listening to the video.

Ah, video... yeah, don't think there's any player that won't stop, as the main point of a video is the VIDEO part, which you can't see anymore if you go check something else, can you?

I know the logic behind why it stops, but don't you ever minimize the video player on your computer to check email or respond to an IM while just listening to the audio? This is the same thing.

I just figured there might be a tool that kept apps running fully in the background. I guess not.

Me and Rebeca passed by a store that had the iPhone 4 and and went inside because she was thinking of buying one. She fiddles with the apps for a few seconds, fires up the web browser and when the keyboard comes up, starts sliding her fingers from letter to letter. I nearly laughed out loud when she asked, angry: "What? No Swype or something similar? Fuck this shit!" :lmao:

Me and Rebeca passed by a store that had the iPhone 4 and and went inside because she was thinking of buying one. She fiddles with the apps for a few seconds, fires up the web browser and when the keyboard comes up, starts sliding her fingers from letter to letter. I nearly laughed out loud when she asked, angry: "What? No Swype or something similar? Fuck this shit!" :lmao:

I like a women that knows her tech :) +1

I wonder why Google doesn't release a version of Chrome for Android yet. It's minimalistic footprint is miles better than what Mozilla will every do.

I wonder why Google doesn't release a version of Chrome for Android yet. It's minimalistic footprint is miles better than what Mozilla will every do.

Built-in Android browser is based on the same engine as Chrome. The full Chrome UI wouldn't really fit in the Android interface, instead, they're making a full tablet/some device OS out of it :)

Any of you rooted guys use A2SD+? If not, you should, I just gained 1 GB for apps. :)

Apart from the random crashing, Firefox worked. Poorly.

Sigh....

I had to run an experimental nightly build, since both the screen size and the ARMv6 CPU of my Hero are not supported. It crashed a few times, then worked once, then got stuck perpetually loading a page, and there was no way to close it. Plus the interface didn't fit. But that one page it did load, it loaded fast............

It's clearly not ready yet, I'll give it some time. I just really want a good browser, Dolphin is great functionally but slow as balls, and the stock one is lacking in features.

Any of you rooted guys use A2SD+? If not, you should, I just gained 1 GB for apps. :)

Don't you have a build in apps to sd with your 2.2 Desire? ;)

But yes I use it on my Hero :)

Been busy with new school and i have forgotten all about finalgear! My first post for months! :D

Small Guy: Froyo's built in a2sd sucks. It only transfer the apps partially and I was constantly running out of space. :( Now I partitioned my sd card to 7GB fat32 and 1GB ext3, so now the internal storage is for app data and the ext3 is for the apps themselves.

Oh okay :) I did not know that :)

Does anyone know anything about when we will see some dual-core? :D I really want a new phone! :D

Dual core could be on the market as soon as early next year, possibly even this year, but I wouldn't count on either.

Dual core could be on the market as soon as early next year, possibly even this year, but I wouldn't count on either.

Originally I think they will come early next year. But I have not heard anything near a official confirmation... :S