The Android thread

I am using an LG LAC8910 and it works fine with Winamp.

I've used my phone with two different BT headphone sets and an iPod dock BT adapter, and only the dock didn't work properly when used with my car.

Can you guys clarify what you mean? Because some devices don't even support AVRCP (the remote control profile), so they would be working properly by just streaming the audio.

Funnily enough the only changes for the GTI between 2010 and '11 is an upgraded Bluetooth system. 2010 only had basic streaming, 2011 is supposed to have full remote control enabled.

Well, I can skip forward and backwards using the buttons on the headset. Never really tried anything else.

I have full control with headsets as well, but the dock adapter, while supporting AVRCP, was hit and miss with actual functionality in reviews based on what devices it was connected to. When I used my car's controls to do, well, anything, it would just skip backwards.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm totally confused now. Even my old Motorola headphones have the playback buttons working with any device I've paired them to, so I don't know what to think.

From you guys I know Android supports remote control, and from the link I posted on the last page I know the GTI supports it at least when using an iOS 4.1+ device. So perhaps it's just my Android setup giving me trouble with my specific Bluetooth equipment.

Oh well, at least I have fully working handsfree in the car now which is great. I don't really care for A2DP anyway, of all the sources I can choose from (data CD or DVD, SD card, Bluetooth or USB mass storage) that's the least appealing due to the battery drain.

I've been convinced to go the way of the Android, so I just ordered an HTC Desire HD from handtec :D

Hopefully it will arrive sometime next week; will be a nice step up from my Nokia 6300.

I've been convinced to go the way of the Android, so I just ordered an HTC Desire HD from handtec :D

Hopefully it will arrive sometime next week; will be a nice step up from my Nokia 6300.

Nice! Have fun! :)

Welcome....

Apparently, the latest CyanogenMod 6.1 RC has been released today. Going to give it a try on my Evo for a few days, see how I like it.

Apparently, the latest CyanogenMod 6.1 RC has been released today. Going to give it a try on my Evo for a few days, see how I like it.

The stable release is quite a lot faster on my Hero than the RC was, I think I'll stick with stable for now.

I run the CM nightlies, and assuming 6.1 incorporates tweaks from about a week ago or sooner, you should see speed improvements with 6.1. Someone reported having an issue with their camera, but clearing the cache under app management fixed it.

In other news, Walgreens.com now has a $100 Android tablet.
maylong-m-150-10-27-2010.jpg

Manufacturer's website said:
Maylong Universe? Tablet Powered By Android?

M-150 Universe Tablet PC Features:

Google Android? Operating System
LCD color touch-screen 7-inches
Full Internet browsing capability
Experience YouTube at your fingertips
Easy access to emails
Download and play games
Included digital music, video player and digital picture viewer
Digital picture frame
e-Book reader
Download and install custom Google Android? Applications

Items included in the package:

Tablet device with 7-inch color touch screen
Stylus
AC Adapter
Network/USB dongle
User's manual

M-150 Universe Tablet PC Specifications:
CPU ARM9(VM8505+)
Memory RAM 256MB DDR
Flash Built-in Flash
Display Touch Panel 7" TFT LCD
Resolution 800 X 480 Pixels
WIFI 802.11b/g
Input/Output

Touch Panel
Resistive type touch panel
Speaker Built-in loud speakers
SD/MMC T-Flash card slot
Network/USB Dongle for RJ-45 network and USB connection
Buttons/Switches Power On/Off, Volume adjustment
Battery Built-in Li-Polymer battery
Charger Input AC 100-240V, 0.5A
Output 9V, 1500MA
Physical Characteristics
Dimension 7.5" X 4.6" X 0.3"
Weight 12 OZ
Environment Conditions
Temperature
Operation 0-50??C
Storage -10-60??C
Humidity
Operation 0-90%, Non-Condensed
Storage 0-90%, Non-Condensed

Key spec there is the dimensions, as they are the exact size of the fold down faceplate for my car's stereo:
stereos.jpg

Another thing I'm liking in that spec sheet is the fact that it uses a dongle for RJ45 and USB, giving me the tiniest of hopes that it has USB host(which I've seen enabled in Android) meaning I could get a GPS receiver for it and have a perfect CarDroid. I already ordered it and will start looking into how to mount it in place of the faceplate tonight.

Does anyone have or at least know an app which can set a picture as a wallpaper in better quality than the standard gallery app?

I am now officially an Android AND iOS head :) Work gave me a Captivate (ATT's version of the Galaxy S), time to beat Angry Birds on Android :D

Key spec there is the dimensions, as they are the exact size of the fold down faceplate for my car's stereo:
stereos.jpg

Another thing I'm liking in that spec sheet is the fact that it uses a dongle for RJ45 and USB, giving me the tiniest of hopes that it has USB host(which I've seen enabled in Android) meaning I could get a GPS receiver for it and have a perfect CarDroid. I already ordered it and will start looking into how to mount it in place of the faceplate tonight.

Glue.......lot's of glue :D

Does anyone have or at least know an app which can set a picture as a wallpaper in better quality than the standard gallery app?
The standard gallery app is more than capable, you have to make sure that the resolution of the source image is equal or exceeds 960x800. When you select the image, it'll ask you to crop and if it's exact dimensions, just resize it to max and it'll fit perfectly.