The Android thread

So let Android do its thing on its own. I get it.

Any ideas on the disable the "swipe to unlock" screen though? That and the inability to disable haptic feedback on the soft keys is frustrating as hell.

Android handles the apps itself. When you hit home, the app is only stored in ram, not taking up any cpu or battery. If the system needs ram, it'll purge on its own. If not, no biggy.

Thats good to know it'll be handled on its own.

This phone does so much more than my Blackberry its unbelievable. I'm trying to learn as much as I can but I just killed the battery. :lol: Also, its amazing when your phone doesn't lag when you try to do anything.

So let Android do its thing on its own. I get it.

Any ideas on the disable the "swipe to unlock" screen though? That and the inability to disable haptic feedback on the soft keys is frustrating as hell.

This is interesting because on the Droid 1 if you set a pattern unlock it didn't show the slide to unlock screen, but my friend's Incredible does. Depends on the phone I guess.

I've just had a thought, let me know your opinions on this.

I'll be reading and posting in this thread a lot more as of Saturday (hopefully, if not then the Saturday after) and I think it would be useful to have some kind of way to tell what Android phones we all have at a glance. This could take the form of a thin signature of if we're lucky and win over Viper/Quiky it could be part of the profile. I get very lost reading this thread because I have no idea what people are using most of the time.

This is interesting because on the Droid 1 if you set a pattern unlock it didn't show the slide to unlock screen, but my friend's Incredible does. Depends on the phone I guess.

Exactly. I have two friends with the Droid 1 who can't figure out how to make it happen on the D2. I Googled it and some people are just calling it a bug that they're hoping gets fixed in the next update (2.2.3 I believe). Its annoying because you CAN NOT turn off vibrate when you swipe to unlock.

:lmao:
Great! I want one!

I'll be reading and posting in this thread a lot more as of Saturday (hopefully, if not then the Saturday after) and I think it would be useful to have some kind of way to tell what Android phones we all have at a glance. This could take the form of a thin signature of if we're lucky and win over Viper/Quiky it could be part of the profile. I get very lost reading this thread because I have no idea what people are using most of the time.

I don't even have a signature :p

But I'd jump on the bandwagon if we all came up with something simple. FYI I have an HTC Hero (Sprint CDMA version).

It?s just a little line on the profile. Can?t be that hard.

Replaced my thread just now.

I'm game :) I'll put it in my signature.

Exactly. I have two friends with the Droid 1 who can't figure out how to make it happen on the D2. I Googled it and some people are just calling it a bug that they're hoping gets fixed in the next update (2.2.3 I believe). Its annoying because you CAN NOT turn off vibrate when you swipe to unlock.

This could be a MotoBlur thing, as they changed the lockscreen very slightly with the Droid 2 and again with the currently being pushed update.

Last edited:
Anybody got an X10?

One of my colleagues at work has, he's just upgraded to 2.1. I can pass on any questions. :)

I'll create a mock up signature template, I assume you'll have some way to add text to a JPEG image.

Edit: I made 4 little signature pictures to put the phone model name on. See what you think, just adding it as text seems to work fine, I just like images in my sig. :D

Nqa4E.jpg

OdEKY.jpg

70yWG.jpg

0rc1c.jpg

Last edited:
13.JPG

Motorola flipout review

Its certainly an interesting form factor, but I have my doubts about the rotating joint.

Added mine to my sig as well.

Oh god we're about to turn into XDA developers :D

*whistles*