The Android thread

And SIM contacts. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get SIM contacts to show up with out importing. I prefer having all my contacts stored on SIM.

I guess I just prefer the way Sense looks and that its quiet a "complete" package for me :dunno:

Oh yeah, NFS Shift on Android is fucken gay in drifting mode. Half the time the phone doesn't even pick up that I'm trying to start a drift :mad:

In there is a setting for sim, phone, sim/phone. But I don't run sense anymore so can't tell you where. I know it's there because it was set to sim somehow when I flashed LeeDroid and I wondered where all my shit went.

Yeah I tried that in contacts but it still doesnt' work and wants me to import them.

God damn, I woke up today and turned on my phone only to find the Android setup wizard waiting for me... i.e. all settings have been wiped clean.

This is the second time it's happened. I guess it's time to relegate the HD2 to legacy hardware in case I ever want to load up WinMo and buy a proper Android phone.

My phone wiped all my text messages today. It's more annoying than anything else.

I had my first freeze a few days ago.
"system stopped responding" or something like that. Reboot, everything is fine. Whew!

Installed the Mario live wallpaper yesterday. Can't believe I didn't do it sooner, it's awesome!

Did anyone else get the update today that added WiFi calling? It still uses your minutes (which both sucks and is kind of stupid), but at least I won't drop calls when I'm at my mom's place on the edge of coverage or when I walk though that one square foot of carpet with my phone in the wrong hand.

Uh, what's the point of having Google Voice make all your local outgoing calls? I was trying to find a way to have my Google number displayed on caller ID when I call people instead of my actual number, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

I know why you'd use it for international calls, really cheap rates, but why local or long distance?

Uh, what's the point of having Google Voice make all your local outgoing calls? I was trying to find a way to have my Google number displayed on caller ID when I call people instead of my actual number, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

I know why you'd use it for international calls, really cheap rates, but why local or long distance?

I never got that either, i know people swear by it but no one i call/text would be technically savvy enough to actually remember to call the Google Voice number, making it completely pointless for me. :)

Exactly! I barely understand Google Voice, I can't explain to other people why I have two numbers.

Still, I've given out my Google Voice number since it's so much nicer than my actual number. Plus I'm probably gonna end up switching numbers since I'm moving around and this makes things easier, instead of updating everyone I just have to update my Voice settings.

Phone number for multiple area codes. :p

Can someone explain the cartoon to me?

Can someone explain the cartoon to me?

Glad to know I'm not the only one lost XD

Curse you inability to understand those fancy pants Internet memes! *shakes fist*