The Android thread

Android 2.3 (Cyanogen 7 RC2) up and running, it's a bit sluggish though. Not as bad as the "problems" I've had in the past, just overall struggling to keep up with the animations. I turned as much off as I could and set the CPU profile thing to "performance." It seems stable enough to run for a while and see how it goes. Titanium Backup did a great job of keeping my apps' user data. I tried to cheat and backed up the HTC flash player but it won't let me reinstall it :(

Performance will destroy your battery, it keeps it at maximum clock.

I need to reflash.

My phone decided to let tethering stop working, and now Gmail isn't syncing.

Derp.

I hadn't noticed before, but the widget that has the Android guy showing you tips has some bonus inside jokes on Cyanogenmod.

Anyone else noticed this?

I hadn't noticed before, but the widget that has the Android guy showing you tips has some bonus inside jokes on Cyanogenmod.

Anyone else noticed this?

I have, it's funny for like the first time...now I just subconsiously drag it straight to the trash! XD :)

I have, it's funny for like the first time...now I just subconsiously drag it straight to the trash! XD :)

Oh totally, it's just funny once.

I always delete it too, that's why I had never noticed the contents.

Performance will destroy your battery, it keeps it at maximum clock.

Fine by me, maximum clock is still slow as balls. Thanks to the overclock app performance is much improved, but its a necessity when it comes to just browsing the OS. Switching between home screens is a bit laggy and I had to turn off all of the fancy animations. Battery usage is ok so far but since I wiped my stats before flashing, we'll see if it improves. I don't need it to last very long.

So far, so good, advantages are outweighing the weaknesses.

I'm having issues with my Hero,
today the battery depleted from a full charge in 8 hours with next to no use at all.
Normally I get through the day with moderate to heavy usage, so this makes me believe something is wrong.
I'm using a stock 2.1 ROM with root and have checked all the settings, tried rebooting but the battery kept depleting at a fast rate.

I've heard on battery stats somehow getting nuked out of nowhere, though I believe this was on phones that get a lot of tinkering. Still it wouldn't hurt to wipe stats and re-calibrate.

thevictor, I think I'd recommend just switching to 6.1. You'll lose the awesome screen animation and a few other small things, but it'll be fast and fully functional, and no more headaches.

I've heard on battery stats somehow getting nuked out of nowhere, though I believe this was on phones that get a lot of tinkering. Still it wouldn't hurt to wipe stats and re-calibrate.

thevictor, I think I'd recommend just switching to 6.1. You'll lose the awesome screen animation and a few other small things, but it'll be fast and fully functional, and no more headaches.

6.1 is what drove me back to stock. The "awesome screen animation" plays at about 2 FPS anyway, I turned it off. I think I've been miscommunicating though, I've had very few headaches with 7 so far. I like it.

Seems like someone has finally cracked Motorola's bootloader on the Sholes' family of devices. http://bit.ly/dZuIoJ

HTCPyramidBack.jpg

A picture of the rear of the upcoming HTC Pyramid has surfaced. It is pictured next to an HTC Desire HD. The Google branding of the renders seen last week are replaced by the HTC logo on the actual device and it definately has WITH HTC SENSE printed near the bottom.:D

I'd prefer it didn't have Sense, but it doesn't really matter that much. As long as it's available on AT&T by November I'll be happy.

Looks like I have found my new phone for after the summer :)
PS: the battery in my Hero is fine again after wiping the stats!

Edit: my joy was short-lived, once the battery reached 50% it plummeted to 0% in about an hour :( same usage as before (next to none)
Last week I still ended a day with about 30-40% of charge left.

Last edited:
Looks like I have found my new phone for after the summer :)
PS: the battery in my Hero is fine again after wiping the stats!

Edit: my joy was short-lived, once the battery reached 50% it plummeted to 0% in about an hour :( same usage as before (next to none)
Last week I still ended a day with about 30-40% of charge left.

What stats to wipe? My Milestone's battery life has gone from acceptable to bullshit, Angry Birds for about 15 mins drains 10% straight off. Full charge lasts about 3/4 of a day, though admittedly I'm a pretty heavy user on the Facebook and web browsing. I looked back a few posts but didn't see any related posts.

So what does the HTC Pyramid have that makes it special?

I'm so fucking confused with all these Android models... so, so confused.

So what does the HTC Pyramid have that makes it special?

I'm so fucking confused with all these Android models... so, so confused.

1.2Ghz Qualcomm dual-core processor, 768Mb RAM, a 4.3 inch Super LCD screen with qHD resolution, an 8 megapixel camera and the latest version of Android.

And my jizz all over it. Every one of them.

Anyone else using Darky's ROM for the Galaxy S? V9.4 is out and it's blazing fast with RAM optimizations and really good battery life.

Gingerbread 2.3.2 is on it's way as well as Darky's V10.0 is in its beta3 stage. Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWZ6Gnrhbk

Last edited: