The Android thread

That gets my vote as well. IMO it matches or tops the GSIII in every way, and chances are that if you are someone that would actually like using the Note as a primary phone, you'd already know it. They're hilariously massive.

HTC One X+

Yeah I'm inclined towards it too. Its finishing and looks are way better than anything samsung has to offer. But the downside is not expandable storage and battery timing is just okay.

That gets my vote as well. IMO it matches or tops the GSIII in every way, and chances are that if you are someone that would actually like using the Note as a primary phone, you'd already know it. They're hilariously massive.

Well, my hands are quite big that note 2 suits just fine. Galaxy S2 looks small-ish in my hands...

I'd buy a Nexus 4. Or, as a first step, throw AOKP or CM10 on the S2 and see if that makes the thing worthwile for another few months.

Custom ROM's offer more customization for things like audio, custom kernels let you overclock, there's themes, etc. They also tend to be lightweight and have various tweaks throughout the ROM to make it faster.

Yep my priorities for customization now value increased functionality over the coolest, most unique themes. I'm pretty happy with the Nova Launcher interface so far and will take my time deciding on a ROM to reflash, if I do so at all.

My brain is ready to explode after navigating through the amount of information on the xda forums... Too many abbreviations, too much conflicting and outdated information.
So, here's a simple question and I want a simple answer! :p

What is the newest ROM that I can put on DHD with following list of requirements: no Sense, working wifi hotspot, working 720p camera, manages the battery properly.

Tell me when you found out.

Went ahead and installed Jellytime (which is 4.1.2) and everything seems to work out of the box. The video camera freezes for a moment sometimes, and the panorama isn't working properly, but otherwise perfectly usable and really fast. So I'm going to keep it for now.

I really want a Nexus 10. The only thing that stopped me from buying a 7 when it came out was the lack of HDMI out and expandable storage, but the 10 has the former and I've since learned of USB OTG. Once USB drive support on the 10 is demonstrated, I will be at risk of walletcide...

I had the chance to buy a Nexus 4 today...damn tires needing replacement :shakefist:

Should have gotten the phone and victory drifted every where on your bald tires.

Can you guys suggest which android phone I should pick up? Can't make up my mind among these three:

Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
HTC One X+

Which one should I buy?

Currently using Galaxy S2

The One X screen is amazing.

I really want a Nexus 10. The only thing that stopped me from buying a 7 when it came out was the lack of HDMI out and expandable storage, but the 10 has the former and I've since learned of USB OTG. Once USB drive support on the 10 is demonstrated, I will be at risk of walletcide...

I have a TF300 and I still want s Nexus 10 lol. I would kill for a TF with Nexus 10 specs.

Last edited:
Why do people even want the Nexus 4? It doesn't even have LTE.

Most recent Nexus phone - decent hardware with a secured future of fast Android upgrades, not dependent on the manufacturer or carriers. LTE is imho more of a gimmick anyway, good 3G is more than enough for mobile surfing and audio streaming (even Youtube for that matter).

over here we don't have a provider capable of providing proper LTE anyway (as in: extensively available) :dunno: and for that price, that's a hell of a lot of phone you're getting

Can you guys suggest which android phone I should pick up? Can't make up my mind among these three:

Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
HTC One X+

Which one should I buy?

Currently using Galaxy S2

I'd buy a Nexus 4. Or, as a first step, throw AOKP or CM10 on the S2 and see if that makes the thing worthwile for another few months.

Dr. beat me to it.
Always go Nexus, unless you really don?t want to touch the internals and just want to charge and use the phone and couldn?t care less about updates.

I passed on the Nexus 7 because I wanted 10 inches and because I hate ASUS.
Can?t wait to set my Tab 10.1 on fire and buy a Nexus 10.

A thing I've noticed with my One S that's annoying me quite a bit these days: when I listen to music (over wired or Bluetooth headphones), playback will crackle and pause for a few milliseconds every now and then - almost always immediately after locking the phone and putting it in a pocket, and sometimes just out of the blue. Rather breaks the flow. Also, Bluetooth hasn't been terribly stable, not sure whether it's the phone or the headset (Sennheiser MM-400X) - guessing the phone, since it actually showed Bluetooth turn off completely for no reason one time today o_O Other times it will lose pairing and re-establish a minute later.

Anyway, thinking of rooting it and putting the freshly released CM10 on, like I did with both Androids I had before eventually. What do you guys think are the chances of a fresh, bloatware-free firmware fixing the audio and/or Bluetooth issues?

LTE is imho more of a gimmick anyway, good 3G is more than enough for mobile surfing and audio streaming (even Youtube for that matter).
Exactly. LTE support is sparse and expensive over here, additionally, HDSPA+ is not exactly slow either.

My One XL has 4G and the speed difference is pretty noticeable.
I congratulate you to your very large e-penis.

Anyway, thinking of rooting it and putting the freshly released CM10 on, like I did with both Androids I had before eventually. What do you guys think are the chances of a fresh, bloatware-free firmware fixing the audio and/or Bluetooth issues?
50/50, depending on whether it's a hardware or software issue ;)