iPhone / iOS Thread

They do it to make money. Sorry but your ipod did everything it was advertised to do. Don't expect more from it or any other product.

exactly. you can't complain about it having limited functionality compared to it's big brother when even steve jobs has described it as " an iphone wth training wheels".
(sorry for the lack of some caps, i have a frappe in one hand and can't reach the shift key most of the time)

Android definitely still holds it own.. Whether you like one or the other is personal preference.

For me, this new iPhone.. Looks seriously nice. I love the new design, much more classy and good looking than the current iPhone. The screen is supposed to be amazing (engadget claims it to be the best they've seen on a mobile phone).

It might not be a plethora of new features, but who was really expecting that? Apple is about evolution not revolution (though they claim otherwise :D). Some might miss some features, but for me as a casual user? Does everything I want it to do. And now it does most of it even better :p

This'll be my first iPhone, and I've already put my name down on a waitinglist with 3 here in Denmark. Very much looking forward to it :)

It looks awesome, I'm getting a black one for myself and white for my girlfriend this christmas :).

One thing I don't get is a 32GB memory limit. New 'heavier' games, higher resolution videos, - all will eat up memory even faster than on my 32G Touch, and I filled that to the brim in a matter of days.

For me, this new iPhone.. Looks seriously nice. I love the new design, much more classy and good looking than the current iPhone. The screen is supposed to be amazing (engadget claims it to be the best they've seen on a mobile phone).

It could of been a monochrome 2x2px screen from apple and engadget would of said it was the best high resolution screen they've seen

Keep dreaming...they would never do that. And this is the reason why I really dislike Apple:
- Science and technology is about moving forward. Scientists who invent stuff, just because they can. Apple works exactly the other way around - they don't put stuff in the Touch, just because they can. It feels like they are doing it just out of spite.

And yet you still bought one. You spend a lot of your time bitching about anything Apple related.

So Apple introduces a new iPhone that will have a lot of new features that will be EXTREMELY high bandwidth days after ATT announces end of "unlimited" data plans...

So Apple introduces a new iPhone that will have a lot of new features that will be EXTREMELY high bandwidth days after ATT announces end of "unlimited" data plans...

You Americans have a lot more invading to do if you want America to equal the rest of the world.

Depending on the UK price, I may well be getting an iPhone 4. I just hope they don't go for a rape the UK market pricewise... Either that or I might get a 3GS as their prices will be hopefully coming down (although also with the capacity it seems, the buggers).

You Americans have a lot more invading to do if you want America to equal the rest of the world.

I don't do any invading personally.... Never did understand why the US has a shittastic network infrastructure, I may understand that it's too costly to set up a nationwide high speed network coverage but NYC subway not having cell service... ridiculous!

I have to say the iPhone 4 left me confident in my decision to switch to Android next year when my contract runs out. Also will be switching to VZ network which should be LTE by then. :)

And yet you still bought one. You spend a lot of your time bitching about anything Apple related.

What can I say...It's a hobby of mine :)

I bought the stupid thing primarily for the Wi-Fi, and Use it mainly for it. If only I could get Skype to work properly...

I don't do any invading personally.... Never did understand why the US has a shittastic network infrastructure, I may understand that it's too costly to set up a nationwide high speed network coverage but NYC subway not having cell service... ridiculous!

EDIT: huge rant wanrning.

Seriously, don't complain about networks-, you haven't been to Aus lately :lol: I barely got any coverage with our government supported service, then got told that my phone actually didn't have insurance for theft o it when it got stolen 6 months after I got it (we got it for the 24 month "complete" theft/loss/breakage plan that came with it!!!!), but, hey, at least they were nice enough to "break the rules" a bit and give me a new phone! (the botom of the range one at the time.
And now on my new network data costs $2 a MB they don't give you an option to turn off cellular data because of that, oh and they screwed me over completely by writing over my number and data on my SIM cardwith my aunt's then said they would try to fix it and left me for 2 weeks (during which I had job interviews and was going to Sdney with friends) with no phone whilst they forgot about it. Then if had to get a new number because they said it was impossible to get the old one back and nobody could have possibly told us that the situation was fixable. Oh, and they piggyback off another netork so i you ring up because the service in your area suddenly got patchy they don't have a clue what's going on and you have to do all the work yourself to find out they're upgrading/overhauling/whatever the local tower near you. Oh well at least I actually have reception around my house now. Ecept not at uni. Nobody covers the uni apparently. Or the CBD. Or the harbour, which is near where i will be working next year. Or half of Sydney, Melbourne or any of the capital cities. :mad:
... /rant, went a bit off tangent there!!!

On topic, has any news sites posted a roundup of the features in iOS4 after the other day? That's probably what is most relevant to me, and I'm pretty inerested. And going to try and get it on the day i comes out, again. I really don't learn from last time :lol:

Last edited:
What can I say...It's a hobby of mine :)

I bought the stupid thing primarily for the Wi-Fi, and Use it mainly for it. If only I could get Skype to work properly...

Why is it "stupid" again? I would say it is the smartest of all portable media players.

Why is it "stupid" again? I would say it is the smartest of all portable media players.

If it were advertised simply as a media player, then yes - it is probably one of the best. But there are a lot of things that are...half-assed at best. Example from this morning. I had to wake up early for my new job, so I set two alarm clocks - my cell phone and the iPod. The day before I had turned down the volume on the iPod, so guess what happens - I get a silent alarm in the morning. The only thing that happened was that the screen turned on and it read "Alarm". No sound!

I've had about five mobile phones in the past and their alarm worked perfectly, regardless of what sound level I had set for ringing. It's such a small thing, and I bet it can be fixed with a tiny piece of code, yet Apple have not fixed it for years!

My last media player - Creative Zen, was a very basic device with very few features. But that's how it was advertised - it's just an Mp3 player, take it or leave it. With the Touch, Apple advertised it as so much more than a media player...and it just isn't.

So again - it's not the problem of the device as a device, it is perfect for what it does. It is Apple's sneaky, unscrupulous, deceptive marketing strategy. (Yes, I admit - I fell in their trap)

Last edited:
EDIT: huge rant wanrning.

Seriously, don't complain about networks-, you haven't been to Aus lately :lol: I barely got any coverage with our government supported service, then got told that my phone actually didn't have insurance for theft o it when it got stolen 6 months after I got it (we got it for the 24 month "complete" theft/loss/breakage plan that came with it!!!!), but, hey, at least they were nice enough to "break the rules" a bit and give me a new phone! (the botom of the range one at the time.
And now on my new network data costs $2 a MB they don't give you an option to turn off cellular data because of that, oh and they screwed me over completely by writing over my number and data on my SIM cardwith my aunt's then said they would try to fix it and left me for 2 weeks (during which I had job interviews and was going to Sdney with friends) with no phone whilst they forgot about it. Then if had to get a new number because they said it was impossible to get the old one back and nobody could have possibly told us that the situation was fixable. Oh, and they piggyback off another netork so i you ring up because the service in your area suddenly got patchy they don't have a clue what's going on and you have to do all the work yourself to find out they're upgrading/overhauling/whatever the local tower near you. Oh well at least I actually have reception around my house now. Ecept not at uni. Nobody covers the uni apparently. Or the CBD. Or the harbour, which is near where i will be working next year. Or half of Sydney, Melbourne or any of the capital cities. :mad:
... /rant, went a bit off tangent there!!!

On topic, has any news sites posted a roundup of the features in iOS4 after the other day? That's probably what is most relevant to me, and I'm pretty inerested. And going to try and get it on the day i comes out, again. I really don't learn from last time :lol:

err all prepaid and cheap phone services have excessive data costs, data plans exist for a reason. I was on on virgin mobile and it sucked ass for data (so slow it's useless) now I'm on Telstra and it runs perfectly everywhere I go

If it were advertised simply as a media player, then yes - it is probably one of the best. But there are a lot of things that are...half-assed at best. Example from this morning. I had to wake up early for my new job, so I set two alarm clocks - my cell phone and the iPod. The day before I had turned down the volume on the iPod, so guess what happens - I get a silent alarm in the morning. The only thing that happened was that the screen turned on and it read "Alarm". No sound!

I've had about five mobile phones in the past and their alarm worked perfectly, regardless of what sound level I had set for ringing. It's such a small thing, and I bet it can be fixed with a tiny piece of code, yet Apple have not fixed it for years!

My last media player - Creative Zen, was a very basic device with very few features. But that's how it was advertised - it's just an Mp3 player, take it or leave it. With the Touch, Apple advertised it as so much more than a media player...and it just isn't.

So again - it's not the problem of the device as a device, it is perfect for what it does. It is Apple's sneaky, unscrupulous, deceptive marketing strategy. (Yes, I admit - I fell in their trap)

What did it not do that was advertised? And I wouldn't call not making a sound when on mute a bug.

So how many other mp3 players have games like the iPod? Oh, none.

Also, they say video chat is there to make it popular in public. Your dads phone prolly had the function but it was a complete and utter waste of time cos it wont be able to call anyone...

Anyway, I might get this but need to hold one in my hand and check the screen out first. If I got it Ruthi would get a proper phone so double gain!

Last edited:
I had 3 or 4 phones with video calling since 2004, used them quite a bit with friends when prices were the same to normal calls, but back then 3G networks weren't as good as today, so video calls sucked. Now after everybody has given up on the idea networks are quite a bit better and mobile computing power has increased as well, so it might actually make sense to give it a try, nevertheless it is not a revolutionary concept, especially as it will be 3G only for now.