iPhone / iOS Thread

@rickhamilton620
Someone been reading endagdet editorials? :)

LOL maybe... :p In all honesty, I just want to see Palm succeed in some form. To make a resurgence like this just to fall back to the deathwatch status they were at a few years ago must be pretty difficult. Also I've had two Palm devices, a Palm VX PDA and a Treo 700w, and the amount of "little touches" they baked into the software (esp. on the windows mobile powered 700w) and the hardware on both devices made using each of them a joy-even the way underpowered for WM 700w. :)

The Palm Pre Plus is a really slick device but the app selection is poor, which it probably will be forever as the platform haven't really recieved much exposure ergo not a lot of users.

I guess that's were they're counting on things like adobe air

I got my iPhone because of the app support (so yes, the whole monopolistic 'everybody has jumped on the app store bandwagon' thing) and I was used to the interface due to owning a 2nd gen 8GB iTouch. I don't want to have to navigate and learn all these huge commands to access my phone in a phone either, which is why I got the iPhone too- sure, it is dumbed down and features are withheld, but I've got two computers to do 99% of the stuff I have to do, my iPhone can do the other 1% when I'm out just fine and a heck of a lot quicker and easier than my friend's blackberry of some sort.

And I really hope apple upgrades/has upgraded their servers before 4.0 is released- too me 3 days last time to get 3.0 there were than many fanboys clogging up the system downloading for their 3 iTouches and 2 iPhones :mad:

I had it a couple of hours after it was released... *shrugs*

it was released at about 3am my time and if you have anything other than a super-massive-awesome-fiber-optic-2.0 connection (by our standards, probably regular broadband elsewhere) you get kicked out constantly. :(
Also happened a few days ago when the latest Twilight thing was released on there. That was annoying, as I just wanted to get a bloody song :mad:

This is not something against Apple in particular, but why did companies stop including a CD with the Installation software of a product? What if I don't have Internet (I hear there are still people out there who don't...).

This is not something against Apple in particular, but why did companies stop including a CD with the Installation software of a product? What if I don't have Internet (I hear there are still people out there who don't...).

Some devices have the software on the device itself, which installs when you plug it in. I greatly prefer this approach. :)

Some devices have the software on the device itself, which installs when you plug it in. I greatly prefer this approach. :)

Like the TomTom. But that is the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:
I don't want to start anything here, but something really pisses me off: to me, the fact that Apple decides that they have to put out a new version of a high-end product (iPod Touch, iPhone) every six months is just crap, and should stop people from buying their stuff instead of changing it at every update. I've been thinking of getting a Touch but the thought of something better coming out six months later, with features that could have made it to the market a year ago stops me of even thinking about it anymore. Yes, the products are good, the strategy is horrible.

You do realize this has been the standard model in the computer industry for decades right?

What Argatoga said. The difference with Apple is that their new software features don't tend to be too backwards compatible. As I said, a device that is right now on the market brand new will not fully support all of the new iPhone/Pod OS features.

If that is indeed how the new iPhone will look, I'm very glad. I have been thinking of getting one when the new one arrives.. And that one is much better looking than the old one to me.

And yeah, there are plenty of things to complain about with Apple, but you just can't ignore that they make some damn appealing products..

The iPhone is a mobile phone. Guess how many software updates with new features my Razor had?

That prototype looks like my 6 year old HTC phone. There is just NO WAY that such a design driven company like Apple will release a phone that looks like that pile of shit.

Last edited:
The iPhone is a mobile phone. Guess how many software updates with new features my Razor had?

The same number as my Playstation? The technology has evolved, smartphones are full-fledged computers now. It's true that older devices may not have the hardware to support all the new features of an OS, but this does not seem to be the case in this situation.

I don't mind the looks of that iPhone but it is still a prototype, we don't know for sure if that's what the final product will look like.

The disc is out of date as soon as it's stamped and the users just end up updating the software. Plus who doesn't have Internet these days?