iPhone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you buy an iPhone online if your number is a business line thus nullifying the SS#?

You just need your cell# your SS# and your billing Zip Code :) Ahh OK, I'm on a business plan from my old job :p

I don't know my mom's SS#. :)

http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/4686/capturefo.jpg

:dance:

So will Siri only be on the iPhone 4S and onwards or will they integrate it into the 4 and perhaps the newer Ipod touches?

The way I understood it is only 4S and onward.

Yeah, they made a big deal out of it being only possible because of the new CPU.. iPad2 should be more than capable, so that will probably get it at some point. Who knows though :)

Ipad2 has the same hardware, but only half the RAM... Still I guess they just needed another selling point for the 4s...

For all we know its same hardware including same RAM. They didn't specifically mention the amount and some early tests and benchmarks are suggesting 512mb.

Ipad2 has the same hardware, but only half the RAM... Still I guess they just needed another selling point for the 4s...

Not necessarily true about the RAM. There are no official RAM specs available for the 4S, and some sources are now saying it's got the same 512MB as the 4 and iPad 2 instead of the expected 1GB.

edit damn, 2 minutes late :)

Seems like the 4S processor is actually slightly slower than the iPad 2.

Don't forget that Siri is actually only beta software, who knows what they'll end up putting in onto when it's time to have a full release.

Ok, I just googled and you guys seem to be right...
Also the 4S CPU seems to be clocked @800MHz while the same chip in the iPad2 is clocked to 1 GHz... Therefore I very much think that the iPad will get Siri at some point. Sitting at home on the couch talking to a tablet somehow seems more natural than to a phone on the bus...

//edit: Now I was the one late...

Last edited:
Siri requires an Internet connection to Nuances server. I'm not sure if they want to add it to the iPad if it can only use it while connected.

wait a second, wasn't siri an app before? how can it magically now require the faster processor of an A5 (esp if it's doing server side processing)

The app wasn't anywhere near as advanced as this version. They addressed that in the keynote.

The first reviews are starting to tick in. And I'm getting more and more tempted to upgrade!

I do have a tracking number for mine... I really hope it arrives tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.