Industrial Junkie [with Jonny Smith from Fifth Gear]

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
[YOUTUBE]sHhZyKkdjUo[/YOUTUBE]

So far 2 episodes are out, thoughts on the show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Junkie

http://questtv.co.uk/index.php/programmes/industrial-junkie

?Industrial Junkie? is an exciting new series which gets dangerously close to the mechanics and engineering of some of Europe?s biggest industries. Join engineering enthusiast Jonny Smith, who will be given exclusive access to several enormous industrial locations across Europe, and the opportunity to get his hands dirty as he tries out some of the toughest jobs in the production chain. Each fascinating episode follows Jonny as he experiences every essence of the process, the noise, heat, sparks and sweat of each industry, whilst interviewing the brave men who work in them every day. Watch as Jonny gets the opportunity to operate some of the world?s largest and most dangerous machinery, whilst revealing how each industry and the products they produce are central to everyday life.

any chance of finding a torrent for this show?

Looks like another show named something-that-I-don't-remember-atm thought with more focus on destruction and with a bad host.

There's a show on Discovery or maybe the Science Channel that is like this.. with a host that looks remarkably like Jonny.

If thats the show I'm thinking of, that is.

I'm really enjoying Industrial Junkie - it's not too heavy, but it gives an idea of the scope of a process. There's something refreshingly 'everyman' about Jonny's presenting - he goes through whatever he's presenting with all the excitement of a child, bouncing and declaring 'I made this!' with a big grin on his face. I get the feeling he actually feels that way about the series at large :)

Needless to say as an engineering student, I'm jealous. I get home from lectures at about 8pm on a Thursday, and I just about have time to make some food and a cuppa and have a sit down before EJ starts. It's a great way to round off a day's education!