[09x05] May 8th, 2006

A reasonably decent episode. Nothing spectacular but an hour well spent. I've noticed that Vicki has lost quite a few pounds in the winter; now if only she could do something about those extremely annoying squeals she makes.

I really did not understand the SuperCar collector's philosophy, I know that its his money, but why buy a car when you don't want to drive it.....I mean its like putting the best and the biggest Plasma TV on your wall but never turning it ON to watch anything on it.

Guys, that guy does drive his cars. He'll get around to driving the Carrera GT too.

That GT40 replica was nice. I think I'd prefer that over the new Ford GT. I skipped some of the boring small car stuff.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Small car segment was good. I've been thinking of maybe considering the new Toyota Yaris when it comes to buying my first car at the end of the year. Maybe even smaller...the Aygo. But I haven't seen or heard anything of this car in Australia so maybe it won't see our market.

It's already here and selling well :). Aygo = Yaris in Australia.

Again, a nice episode. I quite like the new style of FG - so long as they stick to what they're doing well, it should prove pretty good.

Some memorable quotes this time around. "It's a medium sliced white loaf" etc... Still think Tom is the best presenter + Tiff is the best....driver....ever...

As for the supercar collector, from what he said regarding the Koenigsegg (or however it's spelt) he does in fact drive his cars plenty. He just has so many and works hard.

Marty_ said:
It's already here and selling well :). Aygo = Yaris in Australia.

Er no, Aygo is a class and size below the Yaris - completely different vehicle. The Yaris is sold in Europe too.

SL65 - The Aygo will never come here - it's just too small a vehicle for our market.

No biggie, I'm not one of those people who thinks the Yarris is too big :p

I didn't mind this weeks ep.
The car collector was boring in some ways. He claimed that he hasn't driven the Carrera GT. But with a collection of cars like that, you could be excused for not taking it out of the garage.
Hey good on him for buying them as art. Like he said, he gets a bottle of wine and sits in his garage staring and wanking off to his cars.

The Audi segment was ok, however they could have put it round a track or something... bit like last weeks ep up against the BMW.

Bit of a let down with Tom's segment, but it was way better than the Vikki segment.

fbc said:
Er no, Aygo is a class and size below the Yaris - completely different vehicle. The Yaris is sold in Europe too.

Crikey, how small is the Aygo?? "Light" is the smallest class in Aus besides something like a Smart car and the Yaris is a "Light" car (one level below Corolla/Mazda 3/Ford Focus). Darn Brittish and their tiny cars!

hope your talking about the Smart forfour not the smart fortwo..
the Aygo is the smalest car toyota has ever sold i europe ..
i think it is like 1cm too long or something (and 300cc to large engine) to be a keicar

the aygo is 3405mm long, 1615mm wide and 1465mm tall
the Yaris is 3750mm long, 1695mm wide and 1530mm tall
Corolla is 4180mm long, 1710mm wide and 1475mm tall

A great episode,

thanks to the uploader :cheers: :bow:

I think this episode is quite boring, but i'm looking forward to the next episode tho.

overall, i did enjoy this episode.

however, the section that i thought was a bit dull was the british car collector bit. i mean, the cars he has are great (and watching two ccr for one person after seeing the ccx in top gear, that was great), but they didn't show the cars much, and was just cheap talking if you ask me.

i think the s6 looks great, but still prefer the m5 by a lot.

i remember in an old episode when tiff tryed out the Kornegsiig and broke down......
the guy said that there is one who bought 2 kernegsiiigs one for him and another for his friends....... was he talking about that guy in this episode?

mizofatso said:
i remember in an old episode when tiff tryed out the Kornegsiig and broke down......
the guy said that there is one who bought 2 kernegsiiigs one for him and another for his friends....... was he talking about that guy in this episode?
we will never know..
unless they tell us..
but there is several Koenigseggs in England..

I have no idea who Girls Aloud are, but they look friggin hot. Can't wait for this week's epi.

JoeBlo1. I'm agreeing w/ everything you're saying (see page 2), but what's with the Natalie Portman pic? She's like, 12 in that moive.

At 9:46 jason said "i reckon this is the fastest bit of tv on a public highway"

WRONG - he only does 155mph. in the SLR v boat race on TG, JC does 160mph. At night!

SickGuy said:
At 9:46 jason said "i reckon this is the fastest bit of tv on a public highway"

WRONG - he only does 155mph. in the SLR v boat race on TG, JC does 160mph. At night!
Its not as if he were claiming it to be a definate fact :roll: