[09x05] May 8th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Discuss here after watching. :)

LMFAO...very very funny episode...I love it how Hammond wears a bag over his had when he reviews that butt ugly Nissa...

Classic :thumbsup:

wrong show... lol

Haha, I fucking love Tiff! Only a man such as he could powerslide in a GT40. :lol:

I think the "c" answer for the question was referring to the Hummer. :p

And lastly, man I hate that Peugeot. Looks like a fish or something with it's mouth open. :no:

NeoXY said:
LMFAO...very very funny episode...I love it how Hammond wears a bag over his had when he reviews that butt ugly Nissa...

excellent first post

and i like the peugeot, it looks far more unique than some of the transport that we get here

its great to see the enthousiasm of fifth gear fans reacting to its epi's once top gear has come out :lol:

Wow that guy with those cars, they were amazing, but he could talk you to death. I never thought anyone that owned those type of cars could be so boring to listen to.

At first I was gonna say...rather don't buy a car if you aren't gonna drive it....then I thought, who'd wanna be seen in a yellow carrera gt anyway?!?

:lol:

I have to say...I so regret not visiting Cape Town at least once during the 7 or so years I lived in South Africa.

Good ep. Some segments are good. The GT40 replica sounds great, it makes the Ford GT sound tame. In the small car tests I would pick the Aygo too, but man, I didn't know Europe's small cars are that underpowered. 67hp? Our family's first car, a 1984 Corolla had a rating of 76hp (and probably lighter). The S6 review is a bit boring, they went all the way to Germany and getting the car from Audi, at least go to some local track and do a proper review.

awdrifter said:
Good ep. Some segments are good. The GT40 replica sounds great, it makes the Ford GT sound tame. In the small car tests I would pick the Aygo too, but man, I didn't know Europe's small cars are that underpowered. 67hp? Our family's first car, a 1984 Corolla had a rating of 76hp (and probably lighter). The S6 review is a bit boring, they went all the way to Germany and getting the car from Audi, at least go to some local track and do a proper review.

usual HP figures are:

1.0L - 45-50hp
1.1L - 50-55hp
1.2L - 60-65hp
1.3 - 70-75hp
1.4L 8v - 80~hp (16v versions 90hp)
1.6L 8v - 85hp (i think), (16v 100-110hp)

and so on

Another satisfying episode of Fifth Gear :)

The best part was Jason in the Audi. I'm totally facinated by the autobahn and how there are actually roads where you can drive as fast as you want. Yeah sure we get them in Australia but only really out in the middle of nowhere.

I can't believe Jason called the S6 boring and looks like a car for "accountants". I love the understated and conservative yet sporty design of an Audi S6 or Mercedes E500. If that makes me boring, then so be it.

I love those LED's on the front of the Audi. It might look a bit flashy but I rekon close up, watching that S6 pull up at a hotel at night, it would look pretty sweet. Only thing I don't like about it is the slightly more muted V10 you get compared to a more 'louder when you want it' Mercedes V8 plant.

That bloke selling his Ferrari wasn't that surprising - my father actually knows a woman in Queensland who's chucking in her SL350 Mercedes with her property. There is also this well known property developer in Sydney who gives you a Smart car with any purchase of one of his properties. But I don't think the prospect of a Smart car would really give me added influence to buy a property!

Small car segment was good. I've been thinking of maybe considering the new Toyota Yaris when it comes to buying my first car at the end of the year. Maybe even smaller...the Aygo. But I haven't seen or heard anything of this car in Australia so maybe it won't see our market.

207 was a nice looking car....now its ugly at the front...and its French :p

Supercars collector was good although I wish I had a bucket of sand I could put my head in when he said that he'd never driven the Carrera GT. And we didn't even get to see any of the cars in action which was a big letdown - that beutifull GREEN Koenig-ZOMG!TWTF!!!! just sitting there.

Oh btw: Veyron + Tiff..........................

Great episode, I wasn't bored during the entire show. FG is getting better, definately an improvement over last season.

That car collector bloke was the exact opposite of the guy they had on TG once, the one who drove his MC12 some hundred miles to the racing track and back.

I just don't get car collectors who "enjoy looking" at their supercars. How can you buy a Carrera GT and never drive it? It just seems wrong...

thEam said:
That car collector bloke was the exact opposite of the guy they had on TG once, the one who drove his MC12 some hundred miles to the racing track and back.

I just don't get car collectors who "enjoy looking" at their supercars. How can you buy a Carrera GT and never drive it? It just seems wrong...

i think that was in FG

the fifth gear highlight was surely this GT 40 replica review , it was just AWSOME! Tiff going sideway with it .
You can see that he really enjoyed every minute in it . The best part was every time he pushed his foot down the front of the car was almost jumping.

The S6 review was boring(And filming the speedo most of the time wasn't the best way to show us how impressive this Audi was.) especially I think for Germans viewers , big deal doing 155mph with a V10 5.2 !
when I was still living in Germany I remembered driving the Crossfire of my Cousin at 240km speedo and a BMW 5 serie estate was sticking behind waiting for me to deport (I was complett dumbstrucked when he overtook me). Driving above 200km is common in Germany. Also I don't entirely agree with Plato when he says that German drivers are well disciplined (I didn't really enjoyed myself driving on Autobahn , too much stress )

The 207 is.....well boring , the only thing interesting I'm looking forward to see will be the RC against the Clio RS

the small segment car was entertaining , also I think the Fox is more stylish than the Kia (I don't care about what the JQ guy said) but I have to admit the toyota is the coolest of the three.

The car collector had indeed a great collection , wasn't this Orange Pagani
the one that Hammond drove during the Supercar ride he did in France?

anyone notice that Mr. Ford was complaining about the 207 only having 5 gears :p
he wants a TOP gear :p
(tiny shout out to his dayjob? :p)

and Props to Fifth for showing something Top forgot to say .. that you can get the Koenigseggs with a wing from the factory..
a lot of people i talkt to today was like
"no no no.. there just gonna bolt on a standard compatition wing on it so the next lap time around the Top gear track is not going to be valid"
but i must say .. never seen that wing before..
beeing abit keen on boffin side of wing enginering i belive that wing there might be better then the normal Wing from koenigsegg

No shock that the Aygo won :p
there is no car in that class that is more fun or looks as good..
(what i didnt know was that it was more powerfull then i thought... or thay tested itt up agains 2 cars that where on the bottom of the power board.)

like that episode.. but wasent the "girls aloud" segment going to be in this weeks episode?

NeoXY said:

:lol:

Viper007Bond said:
Haha, I fucking love Tiff! Only a man such as he could powerslide in a GT40. :lol:

I think the "c" answer for the question was referring to the Hummer. :p

And lastly, man I hate that Peugeot. Looks like a fish or something with it's mouth open. :no:
i felt the peugeot was grinning at me..in the most disgusting fashion. :?

nice ep overall. but i'd disagree to the style expert about the kia being better than the vw. first of all, kia has that really cheap car image, while the volkswagen's is a lot better. then the outside looks of the kia are varying from dull to ugly, while the fox is at least only dull. on the inside its cheap plastics for both, but the fox has these old-styled seat trim which might not float everyone's boat but surely set it apart.