[10x01] September 25th, 2006

ugh..

ugh..

By adding a host who's there to "look pretty" but knows nothing about the show they've managed to make it near unwatchable. I'm not sure what market they're going for.. Perhaps they figure that they have VBH for the boys so they added him for the girls ? VBH more than deserves to be there given her driving and knowledge of CARS. Same can't be said for Lovejoy the talking head. Oh and I can't stand how VBH is trying so painfully to be enthusiastic, the whole damn show seems like a fake sitcom.
If nothing else watching this has made me miss Top Gear that much more. The lack of chemistry and any sincerity is horrible.

Get wel soon Richard, I can't stand much more of this. :cry:

That was honestly the biggest piece of shit I've seen on TV in a long time. Thank god I don't live in Britain, I'd be pissed off if I actually paid money for that show. I doubt I'll even waste my time downloading it next week.

They REALLY need to sack Vicki, she is one of the most irritating TV presenters around. She's always been annoying, but this episode was just too much. If she was male then they'd never have hired her in the first place - the fact that she's female is the only thing keeping her on the show.

As usual, John Bentley was the only interesting presenter. I'd be happy if they got rid of Vicki and replaced her with John.

They spent what...10 minutes talking about Tom dying his hair blue? Even Tom didn't really have anything cool to contribute to this program. I used to watch Fifth Gear until now. I doubt that ill download the next episode until they get rid of Lovejoy and return to the old format :(

I was not impressed in the least bit by this episode. The EVO IX FQ360, I could have sworn this car has been reviewed before but I may be confusing it with Top Gear. And the race against the plane, total rip from Top Gear. The car destroying bit could turn out to be pretty entertaining in the future, I'm holding out hope for that.

I miss the old studio.

I'd say the show sucked, but that would be giving the word sucked a bad rap.

acascianelli said:
I was not impressed in the least bit by this episode. The EVO IX FQ360, I could have sworn this car has been reviewed before but I may be confusing it with Top Gear.
Top Gear had Evo 8(?) FQ400 a few seasons back.

Anyway, Fifth seems to have gone from bad to worse. The talking sessions with Lovejoy and Vicki were just annoying and all the other segments just were too short and contained little or no info. Actually the best part was with Jon Bentley and the robot car.

That Was One Of the WORST shows i have ever seen in my Whole Life. What a pile of S***! i can't believe they just ruined the show. COMPLETELY DREADFUL OMG!

Damn. THAT EPISODE SUCKED

I think we should start a petition to send to Fifth gear. If we started a suggestion petition, i'm sure the producer or what not will look over the suggestions.

Think of it as Final Gear's plea for a better show. haha. I mean, if Fifth Gear wants input from the fans, then we can flood suggestions to shape for a better show.

Someone earlier mentioned about the drift competition with the RS4 and m3 (along with other Jason Plato and Tiff Needell head to head competitions like Boxter vs z3, Corvette vs viper). Those were so fun to watch.

The comedic relief on the show is really just more pain for us. sheesh.

UTTER. RUBBISH.

I loved the last series, for the most part it was very entertaining and it didn't drag on forever with useless content.

I used to defend FG because most people want it to be exactly like Top Gear, but it isn't. It is (was) a different take on a similar concept and while cheesy at times it managed to inform and entertain. Now though, I don't even care to defend it.

It's just garbage.

It's no longer called Fifth Gear

It's called "Missed Gear"

Janus said:
And let me just say that it is truely a sad, sad day for 5th Gear when John Bentley's segment is the most entertaining part of the show.

Haha, that's quite true.

My theory about Plato missing from the show is this: he most likely didn't want to be associated with the "new" fifth gear so he dropped from it completely. He's quite a respected guy and great driver, you really think he'd take part in the "cafe" discussing with the two clowns? I don't think so.

theboyG said:
What an absolute bag of bollox.

Who produces this show - the Vroom Vroom team ? Jeez...

First time i've ever fast forwarded in 5th gear - I'd finished watching it in less than 15 minutes.

Switched over to one of the nature channels - and found watching a Lion licking it's own arse was more interesting.

I'm still laughing at this quote.
That show was just plain crap, I'd rather watch horsepower TV on Spike than that pile of shite.

My god. They have gone downhill. My arm is bleeding, atleast it diverted the pain from watching this horrible horrible episode. I was to kick the new host in the face. And OMFG who the hell is responsible for ruining this show... I'm in shock.

aurora said:
That was honestly the biggest piece of shit I've seen on TV in a long time.

:lol:

+870451923850298745