[10x01] September 25th, 2006

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
You know how it works. If you've seen it, discuss. :)

I hate the new presenter. Tim Lovejoy such a strange guy. What happened to Plato. Did they give him the boot?

That was the most awful episode ever. Tim Lovejoy and Viki is so :thumbsdown: the most dull character on TV (with no real knowledge in cars doing a car show) and a Viki who sounds like a 13-year-old girl with a crush on Tiff :yucky:

The EVO IX was done too much like TG style, they should go back to old FG and be informative. A 30 sec review followed by a badly filmed race is just disappointing.

The only bit which was interesting and fun was the self-driving car part.

What the hell does Al Gore have anything to do with motoring? I don't care about his liberal views on his stupid movie, it shouldn't be whored out on 5th gear.

God, this is what we'll have to endure through before Top Gear comes back....

6i9 said:
What the hell does Al Gore have anything to do with motoring?
[obscure reference] Why doesn't anyone take Al Gore cereal!?! [/obscure reference]

Anyways, it seems that Fifth Gear doesn't understand the concept of "quality over quantity".

My god what are they doing. That was absolutely awful. Usually Fifth Gear is neither here no there for me but if this is anything to go by then I won't bother any more.
Both of the new presenters are weird and I think that was the first ever Tom Ford article that was a pile of crap.
I don't see the point being in a cafe when it is the most obvious scripting ever.
They really should go back to half an hour of car reviews.

teletubby-warrior said:
6i9 said:
What the hell does Al Gore have anything to do with motoring?
[obscure reference] Why doesn't anyone take Al Gore cereal!?! [/obscure reference]

Anyways, it seems that Fifth Gear doesn't understand the concept of "quality over quantity".

Hahaha! South Park rules! Man Bear Pig!

Redoak said:
Err where did you guys get the episode?
Scene rip is on Mininova.

I saw ManBearPig in my street a few weeks ago, I rushed back into the house to get my shotgun but when I went back he was gone :(

Do you guys watch the british touring car series races? Vicki is one of the hosts and Plato races in a SEAT?? Mebe Plato left to focus on his racing as he hasn't been doing very well this year :lol:

I like Fifth Gear because it was a different show then Top Gear. It was good on its own merits: Tiff, Plato, and Ford had intelligent comments and they did more serious car reviews. This new format sucks. That was definitely the worst Fifth Gear I've seen. I hope the producers realise their mistake and go back to the previous format.

The 5th gear producers are crap, they get beaten in ratings by top gear and then try to imitate it as a response. They've dramtically changed the show twice in two seasons and it's all a sign that the show is in trouble. This might be the last series we see of fifth gear.

durerca said:
I like Fifth Gear because it was a different show then Top Gear. It was good on its own merits: Tiff, Plato, and Ford had intelligent comments and they did more serious car reviews. This new format sucks. That was definitely the worst Fifth Gear I've seen. I hope the producers realise their mistake and go back to the previous format.

Yep, totally agree. i came here to moan and expected to get flamed, glad to see im not the only one who thinks crap.

Shocking programme, if it wasnt for Hammonds accident, i can imagine JC laughing his tits off as he hears the news - 'where'.... 'there doing it in a cafe'.... ROFL

:thumbsdown:

That was miserably bad. I found myself skipping through most of it since I could hardly keep my eyes open. It's like they were trying to take the essence of Top Gear and put a spin on it, but it just came off as cheesy and boring. I also couldn't believe they axed Jason Plato. I thought his segments were much more entertaining than Tiff's and the combination of them both resulted in some quality segments - Ex. The Audi RS4 vs. BMW M3 in a drift competition... quite possibly one of my favorite challenges.

Does anyone know when Jason Plato started on the show? I think I'll brush up on all of the older episodes until the Fifth Gear producers go back to the old format or until Top Gear is back on the air. The new Fifth Gear isn't even worth my effort if every episode is as much of a snoozefest as this one was...

What an Utter Fucking awful piece of shitty episode was that?
I thought the last season was a big improvement I even prefered it against the topgear....

What's with the new HQ? a Cafe? Fuck you!!! Fuck you!!

I did not want to see a Top Gear wanabee fucking hell!!

Fuck you Viki!!

Quality improvment is welcome but fucking uninfomative showmanship oriented fucking FifithGear? fuck off.

*note* - not all Aussies are like maxson :p

Damn looks like the ep was bad :( I'm still yet to see it but I'm already dissapointed with the comments :cry: