[23x18] April 21st, 2014

[23x18] April 21st, 2014

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I liked the rally challenge and the Audi test.
I really hope it's not the last one ever. I find it better car show than Top Gear from quite a time.

The show is not bad but need to have it broadcast right after being filmed. The Indy 500 and Euro NASCAR were held summer and fall of last year and those two episodes were broadcasted a few weeks ago. This series is more enjoyable if it was broadcasted late last year.

I love this episode but then I'm bias because Tuthills prepare my car too

The last batch of Fifth Gear episodes didn't really grab me. Recently I happened to see 2 - 3 older episodes where, apart from road tests and 2 car track duels, the current team often reviewed car accessories, DIY improvements, fuels, oils and driving habits. Go back even further and Fifth Gear would regularly conduct educational (and entertaining) crash tests of some sort - clips that are still popular on YouTube.

The last few FGs seem to have one of the presenters in an unfamiliar vehicle on an unfamiliar track, quickly 'learning' the basics from a pro, then set loose to 'beat' the pro (who cops a serious handicap) in a 'race'. Compared to those older episodes, this recent batch was all a bit of a yawn when it's so contrived.

I can't see any of these recent FGs being popular on YouTube :yawn: