Video: Amazon Prime Air - advertisement

Interrobang

Forum Addict
http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/29/9814820/amazon-teases-prime-air-delivery-ad-jeremy-clarkson
Amazon teases Prime Air delivery and 'a whole family' of drones in new ad with Jeremy Clarkson[...]

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011
We're excited about Prime Air ? a future delivery system from Amazon designed to safely get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less using small unmanned aerial vehicles, also called drones. Prime Air has great potential to enhance the services we already provide to millions of customers by providing rapid parcel delivery that will also increase the overall safety and efficiency of the transportation system. Putting Prime Air into service will take some time, but we will deploy when we have the regulatory support needed to realize our vision.[...]

Nothing falling over, crashing or burning? :jc: I am not interested.

Last edited:
They might not laughing too hard about this. I think their turn would come soon enough

I doubt they'll let May do it because I don't think he can. It would be too disingenuous, it would show and knowing this he'd refuse. If they're smart they won't let Hammond do it unless they want to see their product fail because fake salesmen never work so it wouldn't surprise me at all if, during the contract talks, they both went "nonono, Mr. Clarkson is the main character here, surely he's best for this job" and then scurry away as JC is cursing them.

May has already done commercials for London Pride beer and they were pretty good. Even Hammond's ones for supermarket Morrisons weren't too cringey. Whether their contracts with Amazon prevent them from doing commercials for other companies remains to bse seen.

I am not sure why if May does would be "too disingenuous" I do not share your view on May. May likes technology, and it is probably the most technical capable person out of 3 of them. He would be great at advertise and commercial. He might not willing to do it if he did not like the product. If he is fine with product, I don't see what might be issue with it.

I doubt they'll let May do it because I don't think he can. It would be too disingenuous, it would show and knowing this he'd refuse. If they're smart they won't let Hammond do it unless they want to see their product fail because fake salesmen never work so it wouldn't surprise me at all if, during the contract talks, they both went "nonono, Mr. Clarkson is the main character here, surely he's best for this job" and then scurry away as JC is cursing them.

I am not sure why if May does would be "too disingenuous" I do not share your view on May. May likes technology, and it is probably the most technical capable person out of 3 of them. He would be great at advertise and commercial. He might not willing to do it if he did not like the product. If he is fine with product, I don't see what might be issue with it.

May would probably start droning on (no pun intended) and on about the technical aspects of the system mid commercial.

I felt like it should be April fools day while watching that.

May has already done commercials for London Pride beer and they were pretty good. Even Hammond's ones for supermarket Morrisons weren't too cringey. Whether their contracts with Amazon prevent them from doing commercials for other companies remains to bse seen.

That was BEER so there May was the obvious choice.

That's my point. If it would be something stupid in his opinion (and it would be if it's Amazon) then he'd have to fake it, that's not May's thing.

I don't think he would have to fake it because it was Amazon.

May did very good on the tank museum advert.

I never saw his beer ones.

Thanks.