Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Grand Tour may not be touring this year

http://www.motoringbox.com/cars/ente...ing-this-year/

If that's what they've gotta do it's what they've gotta do.

Comment

I hear there's this disused airport in Dunsfold, it has a sort of racetrack made from the taxiways and everything, it's supposed to be turned into housing estates later on so I can't imagine anyone of importance still using it at the moment....
      "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        I hear there's this disused airport in Dunsfold, it has a sort of racetrack made from the taxiways and everything, it's supposed to be turned into housing estates later on so I can't imagine anyone of importance still using it at the moment....
        It turns out Joey from friends is using it to hang out there with his motoring journalist buddies and make a television program for the BBC.

Comment

That sucks if that site is completely uprooted for fucking housing estates.
          Me:
          2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
          2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

Wife:
          2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
          2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

Originally posted by Mitchi
          Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

Comment

Originally posted by JCE View Post
            That sucks if that site is completely uprooted for fucking housing estates.
            But pre-planned housing hastily assembled from lowest bidder materials and sold for crackpipe money to anyone with a pulse (or worse scamming people with decent credit) is always a good thing isn't it?

Oh wait, you mean it ISN'T 2007 in America? My bad....
            "The way I see it a car enthusiast is somebody who is enthusiastic and interested about the motor car in all its various shapes and forms from supercars to East German 2-strokes made of cardboard. Everyone else is merely a car elitist IMO." ~ Captain 70's

Get out of my way! I have photocopiers to sell! ~ Perc

"A computer is a Lite-Brite for bad fucking ideas."

FinalGear's Dash-Stroking Whore

Comment

If they film it in Chipping Norton it will accomplish exactly the same amount of on-location shooting benefits for the show's content as touring the world last year.

Comment

The Grand Tour may not be touring this year

I couldn't care less if they stayed in one location. The Grand Tour name makes me think that this is the guys last show before retirement or death so, actually touring doesn't matter to me.
                1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

You mean to say they won't be touring on the Grand Tour?! I oughta cancel my Amazon prime!

Comment

What if they did an episode just about touring cars? Would that fullfill their touring requirements?
                    "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

What if they did an episode just about touring cars? Would that fullfill their touring requirements?
                      this would be phenomenal television.

Comment

It's about time the old touring cars got some love, I'd really enjoy that.

Comment

They should film it all in Chipping Norton and just have a big cardboard backdrop outside the tent window of the locations they were planning on going to, no-one will ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9000 View Post
                            They should film it all in Chipping Norton and just have a big cardboard backdrop outside the tent window of the locations they were planning on going to, no-one will ever know.

And have the public disguised to fit the country they are in.
                            Last edited by Chibouki; August 30th, 2017, 8:01 PM.

Comment

While this would make for a long day, it would be hilarious if it was the same crowd, in the same positions, just dressed up to suit the city they're in.
                              1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                              2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                              1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                              2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                              2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Originally posted by Chibouki View Post

And have the public disguised to fit the country they are in.
                                I'm liking that idea, going through all of the funny stereotypes from around the world (I dunno, hats with corks, striped shirts and onions, big beer guts, er... plaid, etc.)

Comment

I wonder if, instead, Hammond and May got to go round with the tents while Clarkson used the Chipping Norton studio and remoted his bits in?

Comment

Not gonna bother me in the least, and kind of happy to be honest, I know the show is about touring , but it's a UK show so I kind of like the idea of the tent segments being all done in the UK

Comment

Working...
                                    X