The Grand Tour may not be touring this year

Chibouki

Car(s)
Volvo
With Jeremy Clarkson facing a lengthy 8 to 10 week recovery period following his bout of pneumonia, it appears that The Grand Tour might have a ?back-up plan? in place to ensure the filming schedule for the show remains on track.

According to The Oxford Times, The Grand Tour?s production company Chump Productions have plans in place for a ?mobile film studio? to be erected near Chipping Norton, on a site which will be held for up to 13 weeks. If these plans come to fruition, they will be filming there once a week over two 5 week periods ? which would be enough to provide studio segments for a total of 10 episodes.

At this stage it is unknown whether The Grand Tour will definitely film at the site, but we imagine a decision will be made depending on the health of the show?s main presenter Jeremy Clarkson, who would have been advised against flying long haul while he continues to recover from pnumonia.

Medical advice suggests a typical patient should have been clear of pneumonia treatment for two weeks prior to flying, which in this case could delay shooting until November. The fact that the location for the ?mobile film studio? is in close proximity to Clarkson?s Chipping Norton estate isn?t thought to be coincidental, either.

During The Grand Tour?s first series, the studio tent stayed at each location for approximately 2 weeks, to allow time for the extensive set up procedure to be completed, followed by a day?s worth of filming, and finally a few extra days at the end to pack everything up again. To ensure the show could film new studio segments each week, two seperate tents were used so that the next location could be prepared whilst filming at the first location was taking place.

So how would you feel about the prospect of The Grand Tour?s tent staying firmly in the United Kingdom for the entirity of Series 2?

http://www.motoringbox.com/cars/ent.../the-grand-tour-may-not-be-touring-this-year/

I hear there's this disused airport in Dunsfold, it has a sort of racetrack made from the taxiways and everything, it's supposed to be turned into housing estates later on so I can't imagine anyone of importance still using it at the moment....

I hear there's this disused airport in Dunsfold, it has a sort of racetrack made from the taxiways and everything, it's supposed to be turned into housing estates later on so I can't imagine anyone of importance still using it at the moment....

It turns out Joey from friends is using it to hang out there with his motoring journalist buddies and make a television program for the BBC.

That sucks if that site is completely uprooted for fucking housing estates.

That sucks if that site is completely uprooted for fucking housing estates.

But pre-planned housing hastily assembled from lowest bidder materials and sold for crackpipe money to anyone with a pulse (or worse scamming people with decent credit) is always a good thing isn't it?

Oh wait, you mean it ISN'T 2007 in America? My bad....

If they film it in Chipping Norton it will accomplish exactly the same amount of on-location shooting benefits for the show's content as touring the world last year.

The Grand Tour may not be touring this year

I couldn't care less if they stayed in one location. The Grand Tour name makes me think that this is the guys last show before retirement or death so, actually touring doesn't matter to me.

You mean to say they won't be touring on the Grand Tour?! I oughta cancel my Amazon prime!

What if they did an episode just about touring cars? Would that fullfill their touring requirements?

What if they did an episode just about touring cars? Would that fullfill their touring requirements?

this would be phenomenal television.

It's about time the old touring cars got some love, I'd really enjoy that.

They should film it all in Chipping Norton and just have a big cardboard backdrop outside the tent window of the locations they were planning on going to, no-one will ever know. :D

They should film it all in Chipping Norton and just have a big cardboard backdrop outside the tent window of the locations they were planning on going to, no-one will ever know. :D

:thumbsup:

And have the public disguised to fit the country they are in.

Last edited:
While this would make for a long day, it would be hilarious if it was the same crowd, in the same positions, just dressed up to suit the city they're in. :D

:thumbsup:

And have the public disguised to fit the country they are in.

I'm liking that idea, going through all of the funny stereotypes from around the world (I dunno, hats with corks, striped shirts and onions, big beer guts, er... plaid, etc.) :lol:

I wonder if, instead, Hammond and May got to go round with the tents while Clarkson used the Chipping Norton studio and remoted his bits in?

Not gonna bother me in the least, and kind of happy to be honest, I know the show is about touring , but it's a UK show so I kind of like the idea of the tent segments being all done in the UK