Season 2 The Sunday Times Exclusive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 The Sunday Times Exclusive

Straight copy-paste from The Sunday Times. CBA editing.

- - - Updated - - -

Grand Tour interview: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May on overcoming disaster and ill-health

After an annus horribilis that left each of them in hospital, the terrible trio tell Nick Rufford about getting back on the road for their new Grand Tour

PODCAST
    How to raise happy girls; The Grand Tour returns
    Eleanor Mills and the team discuss the impact of social media on the mother-daughter relationship. Plus, are Clarkson, Hammond and May getting too old for their death-defying antics in The Grand Tour? We also have an extract from a previously unheard conversation with Antonio Carluccio who died last week

Listen
    Changes have been made to improve on the original series, says executive producer Andy Wilman, and the travelling tent is now firmly pegged down in BritainThe Grand Tour begins on Amazon Prime on December 8, with a new episode being released weekly

Jeremy Clarkson on the making of The Grand Tour series 2

Between breaks and the hospitalisation of its three presenters, it seemed the second instalment of the globetrotting car show was never going to hit the screens in time, but finally everybody put the pedal to the metal and the cameras rolled, says Jeremy Clarkson
    *When I say Margate, I mean the Maldives. And when I say B&B, I mean five-star resort
    The Grand Tour begins on Amazon Prime on December 8, with a new episode being released weekly

The Grand Tour is a mad, mad world of ceaseless mirth and metal

The new Grand Tour finds the presenters on another globetrotting mission to deliver thrills, spills and, crucially, challenges of unparalleled silliness, says series script editor Richard Porter
    Richard PorterSwitzerland
    The series kicks off with Jeremy in a Lamborghini Aventador, James in a Honda NSX petrol-electric hybrid and Richard displaying faultless driving skills in a Rimac Concept One. Faultless, that is, until it crashes and catches fire.

CanadaThe RivieraColorado New York to Niagara FallsConiston Waterclick here to read more).

DubaiCroatia MozambiqueThe Grand Tour begins on Amazon Prime on December 8, with a new episode being released weekly
    Last edited by ahpadt; November 19th, 2017, 5:09 PM.

Reading now, thank you for posting this!

Comment

Yes, thanks. Here's another bit from the Exclusive:

The trio share with Nick Rufford their most vivid TV memories and ideas for improving life on the move.

Richard "The Hamster" Hammond. Age 47.
      Most memorable moment: Sitting by the road in Argentina, in that old Mustang I was in, looking at a sunset through a completely smashed windscreen [the presenters had been stoned by a mob who wrongly thought they were bragging about the Falklands War while filming the 2014 Top Gear Christmas special]. I took a photograph in my head.
      Transport policy: Ask cyclists to smile. There seems to be a lot of fury out there. If it's making them so cross, don't do it.

Jeremy ClarksonTransport policyJames May. Age 54.
      Most memorable moment: Driving across a log bridge over a gully in the old Top Gear days. I went first to see if it would break, then Jeremy went across shouting very loudly, knowing that it wouldn't.
      Transport policy: Renationalise the railways. I know some people think everything must be a business and part of Dragons' Den, but maybe they are actually a service. Is that a bit too left-wing?

Comment

Lying little shortarse. He's 48.

- - - Updated - - -

IceBone, HWF3.0 and I were in Zadar just a few weeks ago. Nothing was on fire, not even our pizza.
        WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
          Lying little shortarse. He's 48.
          Nope, he's 47 for another 4 weeks.
          Last edited by jackbauer24; November 20th, 2017, 11:42 PM.
          Dammit!

Comment

As someone dreading what appears to be inevitable total knee replacement surgery, Mr. Hammond has my sincerest sympathies.

Comment

Working...
            X