[02x02] December 15, 2017, CrzRsn special

[02x02] December 15, 2017, CrzRsn special

• Total voters
Well, if a phone call from someone without proper authorization is sufficient to downgrade bookings, I take that as an anti-plugging for an airline.

I’m sure he got the confirmation number. Hell, anybody with that number could make changes. It’s not like the operator in the other end knows what James May actually sounds like. Plus, if you booked online, they’d never know if you’re the traveller or a buddy who wants to be funny.

How do you employees book things or change flights for business travel? It’s always been like that.

I enjoyed this episode a lot. I gave this one a 9. In my eyes, there is little that could have been done to make this one better..

For me again a solid nine, this episode was better than the first one especially the interaction between Hammond and May made me laugh ;) and yes we got to see James May running on the Television at the end.

There is no business class at all on that flight. And do they really desperately need a beer on an one hour flight?

Gave it an 8. I always love a good race, but the plugging for JetBlue was quite tragic. The "phoning the airline to bump them down to economy class" was a pretty funny joke, even though it was probably a set up. I don't like the Mercedes GT as much as the SLS, so I enjoyed Jeremy's review of it immensely. Conversation Street was fine, but I really couldn't stand the celebrity interview. Good opportunity to check my phone, I suppose. Get some proper car people on the show, then I'll pay attention if it's a celebrity I haven't ever heard of. Or just kill the segment altogether.

I do find it somewhat interesting that I think every time they've run one of these races the bus stops no where near the finish but Jeremy is able to find a parking spot right in front of it with no problems whatsoever.

It was still a decent race. Even though, this particular race (6 hour transit via car) was going to be an easy win for the car. Especially when May and Hammond had to go through a major airport. If they did the race where they had to go through an airport like Grand Rapids or Sioux Falls, they’d probably win just because there’s so much less to deal with.

I kind of wish they would have traveled through LGA just for the added crappiness value on top of the sad state of security.

Wow, they've actually done it. They've made an episode that I didn't even want to watch till the end. The second BS "phone call to Jetblue" did it for me.

Well, the good news is, /Drive is now on amazon.

Wait... what?

I haven't seen it yet.... Is it because its a Ford Performance product episode?

CrzRsn;n3542600 said:
Wait... what?

I haven't seen it yet.... Is it because its a Ford Performance product episode?

That, and a very green car :lol:

Last edited:
RdKetchup;n3542603 said:
That, and à very green car :lol:

Oooohhhh. Color me intrigued. Gonna probably catch up on eps 1-3 on Monday-Wednesday of next week.

93Flareside;n3542315 said:
So? What made up for that was the asshole moves Jeremy was doing by downgrading the seating and no alcohol.

Yeah, like that wasn't totally part of the script...

The whole show is scripted. It was before as well. It just didn't feel like it.

93Flareside;n3543952 said:
The whole show is scripted. It was before as well. It just didn't feel like it.

Well as mentioned above it's not even something you can do without the proper authorisation, and H&M don't *need* a beer on a short flight like that. So to me it totally DID feel pointless and contrived - and therefore annoying. Like May "ignoring" Hammond's broken-leg predicament, etc. etc.

I think the trouble with CHM the last few years is not the *fact* that they script stuff, it's the *way* they do it. Something can be obviously scripted - with a proverbial wink to the camera - and be funny. Or - like this - it can be painfully and stupidly scripted while pretending that it isn't. That insults our intelligence.

By the way, all of this is my opinion as a grumpy old git, of course - you have every right to disagree! :)