[01x12] January 27, 2017

[01x12] January 27, 2017

• Total voters
Anyone else think the Bentley is kinda...y'know...ugly? :p I think that look works for the cars, but for that, no thanks. Feels more like a Chinese rip-off Bentley than an actual one. The bland boxy shape, headlight sizes/configuration and usual posh grille don't work for me as an off-road package.

I found their inspiration:

2017-Bentley-Bentayga-1.jpg

jeep-compass-02.jpg

Ha, nice. I will say of those two, the Bentley looks way, way better. ;)

The new ones look decent, though. You can see they're borrowing from Jaguar, Range Rover and others, which does give things a same-iness, but definitely for the better considering the blandness of the older one.

01-2017-jeep-compass-la-1.jpg

I'll give you that.

Also, I forgot: I nearly fell off the chair laughing about them taking the piss at launch control features. :D

So did I, and I must admit I might have emulated them tonight at a stop sign :D

I must be the only bloke on Earth other than the designer that absolutely loves how that Bentley looks...

9/10 Brilliant episode. SUV film was excellent. Love the Bentayga, it hauls ass! Its like the Veyron of SUVs. The Jaguar sounded sweet! But sadly it doesn't look very nice to my eyes (the rear is ugly). I wish they'd done some more "SUV" things though. Like practicality tests, city driving, etc. Because thats what SUVs are actually used for these days (and tbh you're not really taking a 200K Bentley in the forest are you?). But great episode overall.

Last edited: