[01x13] February 3, 2017

[01x13] February 3, 2017

• Total voters

neutron

Can't believe the whole season has flown by. What do you think about the final episode of Series 1?

9/10. I really enjoyed this episode. Each segment was great, substancial and never overstayed its welcome. Reminded me of 7-12 Top Gear.

The Veyron didn't have the crown, the Veyron SS did... The Veyron is a 2005 car.

A 7/10 to finish, I guess.
Suffice to say that whereas there are still 100 gb on my hard drive devoted to all of Top Gear, GT episodes are to be deleted right now, because I don't see myself wanting to re-watch any of it, any time soon.

Thought the BMW v Golf was quite good but didn't like the May "being uncomfortable" film that much. And why did they finish with 3 consecutive Hammond segments?

The drag race at least made some use of the location where they had the tent although I'm not sure why they used the rather ancient Veyron against the 918, it's over 10 years old now and is a few generations old, still ran the Porsche close though.

Didn't particularly enjoy this episode overall and it really felt disjointed and unbalanced like they were just throwing in the films they had left to end the season.

6/10

Fantastic. Loved this. Also loved the GT3 RS seat in the M4.

Loved how they showed everything wrong with electric cars aswell ...

Last edited:
Strangely enough, I didn't like this very much. Felt like they cobbled together a number of leftovers.

6/10

Best one yet. 10/10

This was another one I really enjoyed, 9/10 for me.

... although I'm not sure why they used the rather ancient Veyron against the 918, it's over 10 years old now and is a few generations old, still ran the Porsche close though.

Well, since the Veyron's not being made anymore, they had to find someone willing to loan them one -- and they probably didn't know anyone who owned a Supersports in Dubai.

Really good. Lots of stuff in a single episode. No lame attempts at comedy. Just having fun.

Taking the i3 on a long drive is of course typical Clarkson-anti-electric nonsense. People buying an i3 know its limits. With its 22 kWh battery, it clearly isn't state of the art. The Chevrolet Bolt (60 kWh) would have made the 200 miles. A Tesla S would have made it easily and would have won the drag race.

A Tesla S would have made it easily and would have won the drag race.

Apples and Oranges comparison when you throw in the Model S against the GTI.

I liked it, more than most of the previous episodes. That 918 sounds brilliant. Disappointed more time wasn't spent out and about but that's a small complaint. :) Looking forward to series 2!

Bwaoh, I quite liked this episode, I don't know if it was the best in the series but then it might be if I were to start comparing it to the other episodes more closely. I liked the GTI v i3 comparison though I felt like it was deliberately biased against the i3. Not that it matters but the Rex version of the i3 is the slower version if I were to buy one i'd go for the full electric, if I wanted a hybrid I'd go for the A3 E-Tron. I wasn't big on the James May winch segment though it was reasonably entertaining. The celebrity brain crash was a bit iffy at first but it had a payoff which only Jeremy Renner from the first episode was close to equaling. Yeah, the rest was entertaining but I'm not really bothered to go into details apart from that it wasn't my favourite conversation street and the Abu Dhabi jokes weren't that great, poorest people in the room? You sure about that? Even the pilot? That room didn't look like it was full of oil sheiks or whatever.

Enjoyed this one a lot- it was a nice mix of different pieces, and felt like the old days. I think they've really hit their stride now, roll on series 2!

Well, since the Veyron's not being made anymore, they had to find someone willing to loan them one -- and they probably didn't know anyone who owned a Supersports in Dubai.

That may be the case, although with the amount of hypercars in Dubai I would of thought TGT had enough pull to get one off somebody. They basically raced a 918 against a Dubai cop car! :D

Personally I would have loved to see a bike in the race as well, with them lovely straight wide roads.

Strangely enough, I didn't like this very much. Felt like they cobbled together a number of leftovers.

6/10

Fully agree. What confirmed it for me was three Hammond only films one after the other (granted one was split in half), and the fact they pulled another "let's make May do something he hates" out of the cupboard after not seeing it since episode 2. It really did look to me like they had literally run out of anything else to show.

Last edited:
Best so far, takes total watchable minutes from this first series from 17 to 62, or putting it another way, out of the 13 episodes out there, I could edit together one decent slightly over 1 hour episode that is both entertaining and family friendly.