Question about richard hammond

jimp7

If this has already been posted or discussed i appologize. The last 2 episodes of top gear I noticed that richard hammond is wearing an ear piece that has a wire running down his back, is this due to his accident. Older episides of tg I noticed he's not wearing it. Any info ?.:|

He has been wearing it on many occasions. He prolly needs it to get instructions from the director or something.

I pretty sure I've seen that before in earlier episodes, so I don't think that it is do to the crash.

I could be wrong though, I just seem to remember that thing.

I'm sure that it isn't because of the crash. I have seen it many times. Such a thing in ear is very common for TV presenters.

He was wearing it before the crash, he probably gets cues from the director about when to move on to the next segment or when to interrupt Clarkson and tell him to shut it.

Also discussed here, it's bacically to get cues from the team.

Weird i noticed that the other day. Clarkson and May don't wear them though. Does Richard take the cues from the director then?

he's a member of the CSS - basically clarkson is under threat from green campaigners all the time. And the TV presenter cover is ideal to be close to him at all times. Problem is someone twigged around september last year, so they had to make it seem like he was a total 100% committed presenter and not some body guard.

HONEST!

I am surprised we don't have some conspiracy nut saying that the current Richard Hammond is actually an android while the real Hammond is a vegetable after the accident, and that ear piece is what controls him.

But in sense, I am partially right. he is controlled by that ear piece. Freaky! :think:

I did notice James was wearing an earpiece thing in some previous episodes, and for
James it is easily concealed because of his long hair.

only hammond wears one usually - i think the others may have in the first few episodes but - When you are in the audience jeremy explains that hammond gets all the talk from the producers/ directors and passes it on to them because the other two hate wearing them! ( and we wernt to think Hammond was a bully LOL )