The Restoration of Oliver!

robybobey

Car(s)
2006 Astra 120bhp
Last edited:
Very interesting!

Thanks for posting this. Please update this thread with any future images if you can :)

^ Yes it does. He mentioned it in his Radio 1 interview. He still owns it, and has sent it off to be restored, to this guy/company evidently.

E: Damn.

I shouldn't like that car, but I do. Makes me smile :) I'm surprised the "Adders are puffs" is still on the side, surely it would have washed off when it sunk?

I think that the paint was dry when the car sunk so it stayed on - kind of like it myself, no reason why, just seems friendly.

The funny thing about Oliver and the whole Africa episode is that a VW Beetle of the 1960's is clearly the better car with the better road behaviour and handling.

I know because my mother used to have a Beetle as well as a Kadett A in the early 1970's and she sold the Kadett as soon as possible, because it couldn't keep a straight line :) And that means something, if you ever drove a Beetle (which I have) *lol*

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
The funny thing about Oliver and the whole Africa episode is that a VW Beetle of the 1960's is clearly the better car with the better road behaviour and handling.

I know because my mother used to have a Beetle as well as a Kadett A in the early 1970's and she sold the Kadett as soon as possible, because it couldn't keep a straight line :) And that means something, if you ever drove a Beetle (which I have) *lol*

The funny thing about the Africa episode is that they admitted the Beetle's superiority at the end, if you didn't catch that ;).

instead of giving it some extra 21st cent touches and engine, he should keep it as stock as on the day of first delivery.

Good find.

I think my lawnmower has a bigger engine.

In the radio interview Richard said the car just makes everyone happy and even James admits he likes it.

I think Oliver will live in the hearts and minds of a lot of people for a long time.

Anyone that knows TG knows Oliver.