[08x02] May 14th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
In the second show of the new series the beautiful Yorkshire Dales provide the backdrop for an epic contest between three exquisite cars - the Jaguar XK, the BMW650i and the Mercedes SL350. A frozen lake in Iceland is the setting for a race between a monstrously powerful rally and (what else but) a jet powered kayak. Super charged chef Gordon Ramsey is the star in the reasonably priced car and Jeremy, James and Richard wreak havoc on the roads of southern England when they hijack a live drive time radio show in Brighton. Just another day in the office for the Top Gear team then.

--

Yes, I know, this is the second week the canoe is listed. I suspect its been dropped from the first week.

gordon ramsey's already been in the reasonably priced car WAAAAAHH

I'm over it.

Will the canoe be like the shooting at hammond segment?? ;-)

SL350? Whats up with that. Merc put the new V8 from the S class in it with 380 hp. That would suit the BMW's power better... Or wait until the 3 litre turbo is availible for the 6 series...

It's a new track, right? If so, old guests make sense...sorta. And yeah, SL350 makes no sense.

The Jag Vs BMW Vs Merc is already in my June Issue of TG mag.
So i may already know which one the lad's might choose, but i will not say, im not one to spoil something for everyone else.

in the magazine, the reasoning is that it's 60K convertibles

so it'll be a more for your money thing.

I'd go for the BMW ;-) But then I always do as long there is no Ferarri involved ;-)

Goes without saying, but really looking forward to this. As for the three coupes - I'll take the XK - don't like the 6'er styling one little bit, and the SL is just not really my taste.

Looks good :thumbsup:

Although its kinda cheap, I'd get an SL with the 3.5L, 282BHP V6 as its plenty of power also mated to that excellent gearbox. But then again, if I can afford an SL, I'd get the proper 388BHP V8!

Also looking forward to seeing the radio segment :mrgreen:

I'd go for the 6-series too. Although the jaguar is kinda better looking than the 6-series, i still prefer the bmw.

i assume they just had to put that merc not only because of the money issue you mentioned, but also because it's the only new-ish merc coupe (a proper coupe that is) that's around. others are either too expensive or not coupes.

There seems to be mixed comments about if the test track has changed for this new series or not.

Anyone know?

Hi quad turbos. As far as i've heard, the track has changed. that's the whole point of reinviting previous guests so as to see if they're able to improve their times in this new track.

what i don't know is whether or not they've replaced the liana... i just hate that car!!! they should put in a more powerful, still relatively cheap car!!! :twisted:

Just came to think of it - they should put the CLS500 up against the 6'er & XK. I know some of you will run in here and say "ITS NOT A COUPE" but there are tonnes of reviews where magazines, tv shows and internet sites have reviewed the CLS against the 6'er because they think its compareable.

I thought they kept the track and changed the car? Wasn't that what someone that was at the filming said?

Thanks for the quick replys. Still a little bit of confusion about it then.
I agree a change of the reasonably priced car would be good. But I think the track should remain the same. One of the main reasons is because I (like many others) want the answer to the "Will the Veyron blitz the Top Gear Track?" topic. :)

Re: [08x02] May 14th, 2006

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
In the second show of the new series the beautiful Yorkshire Dales provide the backdrop for an epic contest between three exquisite cars - the Jaguar XK, the BMW650i and the Mercedes SL350. A frozen lake in Iceland is the setting for a race between a monstrously powerful rally and (what else but) a jet powered kayak. Super charged chef Gordon Ramsey is the star in the reasonably priced car and Jeremy, James and Richard wreak havoc on the roads of southern England when they hijack a live drive time radio show in Brighton. Just another day in the office for the Top Gear team then.

--

Yes, I know, this is the second week the canoe is listed. I suspect its been dropped from the first week.

Cooooooooooooolness!!!! Exactly the week where I will get my 650i! Can't be coincidence :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

remember that you have promised some pictures of that sweet pie when it arrives :mouse: :driving: :mouse:

haz

haz said:
remember that you have promised some pictures of that sweet pie when it arrives :mouse: :driving: :mouse:

haz

No worries. I will post them as soon as someone will have managed to drag me out of it after I've received it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.