[08x06] July 16th, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
After lambasting caravans over the years, the team embark on a caravanning holiday in Dorset. With the help of the Totyota Formula One Team, The Stig and a very large building, the lads try to find out how fast you can drive indoors. Film star Brian Cox is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car, plus there's test-drives for the Vauxhall VXR, Mazda 6 MPS and Mondeo ST220.

quckie preview of the episode

Viper i guess u can put it on the first post to make it easier for ppl.

I really was hoping for the Kitcar challenge with their significant others...

I bet it smelled in that caravan, looks like best ep yet. Never heard of Brian Cox though.

I added the details to the first post ;)

Wow sounds like a really good ep. Instead of just having the presenters for one hour, there are cars too :lol:

So which VXR will they have? Can't be the Monaro...

Buba said:
I really was hoping for the Kitcar challenge with their significant others...
Me too, but a Caravan holiday is just as good! :D

As for the VXR, it's the Vectra, since they have the Mondeo and Mazda 6 MPS.

EDIT: Looking on the VXR website, all the inaction videos of the cars seem to be alot like Top Gear, there is even the same slow-mo camera shot near the end of the Zafira video. Possible that Vauxhall asked Brain Klein or whatever is name to direct those videos? The styles of the videos feel to be pretty much the same.

Byte said:
The MPS was just recently reviewed by the Times (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12929-1470520,00.html). Personally, I'd rather have a lower-performing german car than any of the above mentioned ones. The Vectra might be a VXR, but it's still a f#?@ing Vauxhall/Opel! :puke:
I agree with you but for the same price, you'll probably only get entry level engine choice in a German.

I think apart from the MPS - Australia doesn't get any of the cars being compared. I haven't heard anything of a hotted up Holden Vectra, not that I want one, and the Mondeo isn't even sold here in our market.

I hear that this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car will be Ron Jeremy. ;)

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I hear that this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car will be Ron Jeremy. ;)
Where'd you hear that? The star is film star, Brian Cox.

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Byte said:
The MPS was just recently reviewed by the Times (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12929-1470520,00.html). Personally, I'd rather have a lower-performing german car than any of the above mentioned ones. The Vectra might be a VXR, but it's still a f#?@ing Vauxhall/Opel! :puke:
I agree with you but for the same price, you'll probably only get entry level engine choice in a German.

I think apart from the MPS - Australia doesn't get any of the cars being compared. I haven't heard anything of a hotted up Holden Vectra, not that I want one, and the Mondeo isn't even sold here in our market.
I think a medium sized car would just steal the Falcon's sales, and the Vectra is already EXPENSIVE enough as it is. How much would the Vectra VXR cost over here? 70 grand? :lol: Hmmm, a Turbo V6 Vectra for $70 grand, or a GenIV 6.0l Caprice? Hard one that is.

Brian Cox was Stryker in X-men 2 and Agammemnon in Troy, for the non-Brits out there. The ST220 looks like it'll be at a disadvantage, with the other two having over 250 HP, so watch Jeremy fall all over it like he did with the GTI.

The Mazda 6 MPS will most definitely win that one. Cool car B)

Huh, they're reviewing ordinary family saloons (okay, okay,sporty family saloons that you don't usually associate with sporty when they're mentioned) Wonder where the team will end up reviewing them. Can't be a Welsh beach or the Yorkshire Dales this time - more suitably they'll end up testing the handling on an empty company car park or something similar :D

^-- Judging from the "fitting" locations of previous tests (iceland for convertibles), I guess it will either be a huge industrial complex for hazardous chemicals in Romania or someplace in Kambodia :lol:

Labcoatguy said:
Brian Cox was Stryker in X-men 2 and Agammemnon in Troy, for the non-Brits out there. The ST220 looks like it'll be at a disadvantage, with the other two having over 250 HP, so watch Jeremy fall all over it like he did with the GTI.

I had no idea who he was until you said so he must be the most least celebrity they've ever had. I'm sure I'll recognise him when he see him though.

FATMOUSE said:
Do caravans use leaf springs, I wonder? 8)
:lol: - probably only those built in a country that absolutely refuses to use any technology that has been invented after the wheel when it comes to motoring products. :)

Jamesd said:
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Byte said:

I think a medium sized car would just steal the Falcon's sales, and the Vectra is already EXPENSIVE enough as it is. How much would the Vectra VXR cost over here? 70 grand? :lol: Hmmm, a Turbo V6 Vectra for $70 grand, or a GenIV 6.0l Caprice? Hard one that is.
$70K you rekon :shock: Thats about 60 too much. Gimme a 6.0L Caprice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.