[08x07] July 23rd, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Info:
Top Gear

Sun 23 Jul, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm 60mins
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear

This week Jeremy and The Stig race two Caterham 7s around a circuit in Scotland. Sounds simple? It isn't. Before any racing can take place Jeremy, Richard and James will need to build their own car - from scratch. The Stig has problems too. His car is still at the Caterham factory in Kent - 465 miles away!

Who will make it to the start line first?

Then, for all those responsible dads who had given up on the idea of ever owning a performance car, a ray of hope. Richard and James road-test the Ford S-max, the Mercedes B200 turbo and the Vauxhall Zafira VXR - three family cars that promise a bit of excitement.

Next up, it's man versus machine when James May attempts to drive a Peugeot 207 across Liverpool in less time than it takes two Parcour experts to cover the same distance. The results are spectacular.

The star in the reasonably priced car is Steve Coogan and the outrageous Lamborghini Gallardo gets power tested on the track.
Stereo Widescreen

That just leaves the rocket, 159 and the race to germany to cram into the last show.
I think it will be safe to assume the race to germany won't be shown but I hope we get the other two in the last show.

The star in the reasonably priced car is Steve Coogan and the outrageous Lamborghini Gallardo gets power tested on the track.

Hey hey! At least they've got something to boil the blood this episode! :)

As far as I know the race/challenge was, could a Catherham be built in the time it took Stig to drive to Scotland? Stig gets arrested on the way when one of the doors falls off.
Also it's not Ray Winstone!

Ok now i'm confused. Just seen a preview of sunday's episode on bbc.co.uk/bbc2 and there were no sign of any woman building a caterham, why has this changed from the season preview :? If the wives/girlfrends were involved surely it would be in the tv listings.

I wonder if he wouldn't look at them in the same way that he did hamond's morgan: antique.

More info:
You know the drill: Sunday night, 8pm, BBC Two. This week, Steve Coogan returns in the reasonably priced car, Jeremy drives a Lambo and all three boys have a go at building a kit car... in eight hours. Here are the full behind-the-scenes details:

People carriers
The show kicks off with people carriers, but that isn't necessarily your cue to switch off. Vauxhall's Zafria, Mercedes' B-class and Ford's new S-Max are all trying to put the fun back into driving - and James and Richard were keen to see whether it's all just marketing waffle. The only way to find out - naturally - is to thrash them round the track, leaving Jeremy to look at the boring practicality stuff back in the studio.

And now the sensible stuff is out of the way...
After all that practical family car stuff, Jeremy needed an antidote - cue the Lamborghini Gallardo. OK, the seats squeak a bit and the steering wheel appears to be covered in a bath mat, but with a 5.0-litre engine belching out 512bhp it certainly goes some.

In the news...
The boys decided that folding metal roofs are a bad idea - especially when people think they have enough time to drop it down at traffic lights, when they clearly don't.

New cars unveiled this week at the British motor show included the Chrysler Sebring and the Land Rover Freelander 2. Talking of Land Rover, Richard has just bought himself a limited edition one in yellow and had a little accident with the touch-up paint pot...

Nissan, meanwhile, has unveiled yet another special version of the Micra C+C, this time designed by Sebastian Conran, when will it end?

And finally, the Top Gear survey is underway and we want your views. Check out our survey page for details on how to take part (and win a year's supply of fuel in the process).

Star in a reasonably priced car...
This week's star in a reasonably priced car is actor and all-round funny man Steve Coogan, who has come back to beat the 1.53 he clocked in the Liana. That, and to beat the time set by buddy Rob Brydon in the Chevrolet Lacetti.

Parkour what?
Nothing to do with dodgy anoraks, this one. It's a French sport which involves lots of running and jumping - and from some pretty spectacular heights (we call it free running). Top Gear thought this would be a good idea for a race - and that James was the bloke to do it (although obviously not the running part). Our Captain Slow jumped in Peugoet's new 207 and is leaving the energetic stuff to two teenagers who know what they're doing.

Caterham chaos...
Even the Stig's tiny brain is tired of constant Top Gear track lapping, so we decided to let him out on public roads. Some said this was a bad idea and that the Stig wouldn't survive outside his usual habitat, but it was such a good excuse to have a race nobody really questioned it.

The Stig set off from Caterham's factory in Surrey and headed for the Knock Hill circuit outside Edinburgh. Meanwhile the lads, who were already at Knock Hill, had 8 hours to build a Caterham kit car from scratch then drive it over the start line before the Stig. Simple, eh?

peter3hg2 said:
That just leaves the rocket, 159 and the race to germany to cram into the last show.
I think it will be safe to assume the race to germany won't be shown but I hope we get the other two in the last show.
what race to germany?

Bring on the "Where's the download??!?!?!?!111oneeleventyone11@@!11!!2#@" comments... :D

epp_b said:
Bring on the "Where's the download??!?!?!?!111oneeleventyone11@@!11!!2#@" comments... :D

WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD!?!@?!?@!@ WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?!?!?! WHAT IS WITH THE TAB ON THE TOP OF BANANAS I MEAN CMON!!!@>!@>!@>!!#$

That's all for today

great episode, wheres the thread to disscuss it????????

hype said:
great episode, wheres the thread to disscuss it????????

I think this will stay open until the rip by VUK is released and then they will close this and one will open in the other section for it.

//Dave said:
You have to give it chance to get the file encoded and then uploaded. It's a harsh wait, but it's worth it :)

Indeed it is. How long does the encode usually take?

Status
Not open for further replies.