X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[08x07] July 23rd, 2006

[08x07] 2006.07.23

Originally posted by RadioTimes.com
    Jeremy and The Stig race two Caterham 7s around a circuit in Scotland, but Jeremy needs to build his own car from scratch first. Richard and James road test the Ford S-max, the Mercedes B200 turbo and the Vauxhall Zafira VXR - three family cars that promise a bit of excitement. The star in the reasonably priced car is Steve Coogan.

This will be the second program in a row where Top Gear test three "family cars". So those of you who are like me and have been wanting a bit more ol' school road testing - this looks promising!

Oooo

Is this the kit car building challenge?
    2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual
    1997 Ford EL Falcon Wagon - 163kW/366Nm 4sp FraudSlushOMatic

Comment

Seems like it is.

A hot microvan review - wonder how they'll make that one up!

Comment

Just thinking about Jeremy building the 7 is making me laugh

Comment

The doctor will have this on in the bag. I think it's going to be exaclty like 07x04 with the 10k supercars.

I thought it was going to be all three against their partners/wives?
          2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual

Comment

Wonder what circuit it is. Probably Knockhill. It will suit caterhams. Crazy blind crests, apexes and vertical action.

Here's some caterham action at Knockhill btw: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...rham+knockhill

Comment

I think the mpv test is where James and Richard have to bring some children, but James finds that a bit difficult because he hasn't got any.
              My Capri blog : http://evo-capri.blogspot.com

LAST UPDATED: 17/08/06

My car restoration: well its.........................ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................yeah pretty damn slow, but determined to start again soon(ish)

Comment

Meh ... is it me or aren't there many exciting cars? Coogan should be fun, though.

Comment

The Zafira VXR is exciting!

Comment

I'm actually most excited about Steve Coogan.

Comment

Originally posted by wescx
                      I'm actually most excited about Steve Coogan.
                      Me too!

In episode 1x04, it was clear to me that Coogan is a bit of a car nerd. He seems to work cars into his work at every opportunity. Who can forget Alan Partridge and his Rovers?

"I'm not driving a Mini Metro!"
                      You don't have to be nuts to drive a SAAB, but it helps.

Comment

ummmm...... The S-Max.... didn't fifth gear just do that?

Comment

Sounds nice, as usual.

Comment

Hmm.... that's odd.

I remember in the series preview it said that Jeremy, Richard, and James would be building their own Caterham against Jeremy's Wife, Richard's Wife, and Jame's G/F yet it has no mention of them here. :/

Awww.... I was really hoping to see their counterparts, too.

Comment

Hammond did try to start up that new sport.... MPV racing...

wonder if this will be anything like that
                              INVISIBLE TEXT You Win ONE Free Internet

Comment

Question, where is the post that some one mad that included what all of the next episodes from this session was going to have in it? I also rember it having pictures in it as well.
                                Eagle Race Team

Comment

Originally posted by Phix
                                  Hmm.... that's odd.

I remember in the series preview it said that Jeremy, Richard, and James would be building their own Caterham against Jeremy's Wife, Richard's Wife, and Jame's G/F yet it has no mention of them here. :/

Awww.... I was really hoping to see their counterparts, too.
                                  Yeah, same. I hope it's just a typo though..

Comment

The episode summary was brief, there will hopefully be more news later on.

Comment

WOOOOOOT STEVE COOGAN!!!!

That is all

Comment

Methinks the doctor will like the Caterhams - seems like those things love to be abused in the corners (as in: oversteer).

Comment

Working...
                                        X