[09x04] February 18th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jeremy finds a touch of the night in the new Porsche 911 Turbo, The Stig tears up the track in an insanely-tuned Mercedes SL, and Richard and James make one small stumble for man as they attempt to build a working space shuttle out of a Reliant Robin. Plus, Hot Fuzz actor Simon Pegg is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

Finally we get to see the 911 Turbo on TG!! Its too late, now I want to see the GT3 :p

Stiggy in the Brabus SL should be insane :burnrubber:

Talk of the 911 turbo has got me thinking... if Porsche was to make a new 911 GT2, where on the powerboard do you think it'd get?

I think this may well be the best of the series

Jeremy and Porsche reviews are always interesting! Should be great.

This sounds great- especially with Simon Pegg.

Sounds great!!

Sounds great!!

This sounds like a great episode. The Porsche 911 turbo is an great car, and I hope Clarkson finds this just as god as Jason on fifth gear.

Hope the track is dry, so we get a fast lap. It should be in the range of 1:22 - 1:23 in Stigs hands, maby faster...

But why is Top Gear so late out whit this test, fifth gear did this test a long time ago...

They would of had it out b4 or just after Fifth Gear. But cause of the accident all their reviews are late, compared to the current market. Plus they would of filmed it ages ago as well.
Like if u look at the road work thing they did in the first episode the date on the board was like September.

dophoto

The Stig is going to review a car? how is the Stig going to do that? Through a series of nods and obsene hand gestures?
Like this?
rodfountain_com_img_044_std.jpg

Last edited:
Hope the track is dry, so we get a fast lap. It should be in the range of 1:22 - 1:23 in Stigs hands, maby faster...

Oh, I just though of another wonderful 25 page flame fest argument.

What if the 911 Turbo posts a slower lap time then the Corvette Z06? :mrgreen:

This sounds awsome, to be honest. Really look forward to the SL, and the Reliant.

Love it.

I look foward espeically to the Reliant Robin launch, but the whole episode sounds like a good watch.

Sounds like a good blend between cocking about and serious(ish) car reviews :thumbsup:

Oh, I just though of another wonderful 25 page flame fest argument.

What if the 911 Turbo posts a slower lap time then the Corvette Z06? :mrgreen:
I imagine they would argue that the alignment of the stars hurt the performance of the turbo while the z06 had been fitted with illegal tires made of dark matter and that it was altogethor irrelevent and the z06 "doesn't work on the road"

Or heads might just explode:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.