This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[09x04] February 18th, 2007

Jeremy finds a touch of the night in the new Porsche 911 Turbo, The Stig tears up the track in an insanely-tuned Mercedes SL, and Richard and James make one small stumble for man as they attempt to build a working space shuttle out of a Reliant Robin. Plus, Hot Fuzz actor Simon Pegg is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

Sounds good

Comment

I'm looking forward to this one - I think it's going to be as good as the Aqua Cars episode (hopefully).
      ---------
      Ryan Morrison
      Listen to my show on the BBC iPlayer

Comment

Finally we get to see the 911 Turbo on TG!! Its too late, now I want to see the GT3

Stiggy in the Brabus SL should be insane

Comment

No lambo yet...
          Oh well, 911 turbo atleast!

Comment

Talk of the 911 turbo has got me thinking... if Porsche was to make a new 911 GT2, where on the powerboard do you think it'd get?
            "Season 10 Will be better then Season 7, to be the best season yet, quote me on that."- cdbob

So I did.

Comment

I think this may well be the best of the series

Comment

Jeremy and Porsche reviews are always interesting! Should be great.

Comment

This sounds great- especially with Simon Pegg.
                  2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual
                  1997 Ford EL Falcon Wagon - 163kW/366Nm 4sp FraudSlushOMatic

Comment

Sounds great!!

This sounds like a great episode. The Porsche 911 turbo is an great car, and I hope Clarkson finds this just as god as Jason on fifth gear.

Hope the track is dry, so we get a fast lap. It should be in the range of 1:22 - 1:23 in Stigs hands, maby faster...

But why is Top Gear so late out whit this test, fifth gear did this test a long time ago...

Comment

Simon Pegg again! (sort of)

Comment

They would of had it out b4 or just after Fifth Gear. But cause of the accident all their reviews are late, compared to the current market. Plus they would of filmed it ages ago as well.
                        Like if u look at the road work thing they did in the first episode the date on the board was like September.

dophoto

Comment

The Stig is going to review a car? how is the Stig going to do that? Through a series of nods and obsene hand gestures?
                          Like this?
                          Last edited by BlitzR; February 11th, 2007, 2:41 PM.

Comment

a car review by The Stig?

"Some say his blood is more flammable than methanol and his left foot is made of radioactive material!"

Looks like a fun episode (at last!)

Admin of the European twintop communities http://opel.twintop-union.eu

Comment

Originally posted by kennyzm View Post
                              Hope the track is dry, so we get a fast lap. It should be in the range of 1:22 - 1:23 in Stigs hands, maby faster...
                              Oh, I just though of another wonderful 25 page flame fest argument.

What if the 911 Turbo posts a slower lap time then the Corvette Z06?

Comment

This sounds awsome, to be honest. Really look forward to the SL, and the Reliant.

Love it.
                                "If you're not getting the picture you want, you're not close enough" - Robert Capa
                                "Your first 14000 pictures are your worst" - HCB
                                - David Bailey! Who's he?!
                                I am one of "the two most level headed and pragmatic regular posters on the politics forum" according to anonymous sources.
                                blog
                                Bustin' chops since the late 80s

Comment

I look foward espeically to the Reliant Robin launch, but the whole episode sounds like a good watch.

Grassroots Motorsports - RallyCross, Ice Racing, Hill Climb and Solo - Lifelong motorcycle enthusiast

Comment

Sounds like a good blend between cocking about and serious(ish) car reviews
                                    Many are called, but few are chosen
                                    and many who are first, shall be fourth
                                    and many who are third will actually kick down into second

- James May

Comment

Originally posted by TomCat View Post
                                      Oh, I just though of another wonderful 25 page flame fest argument.

What if the 911 Turbo posts a slower lap time then the Corvette Z06?
                                      I imagine they would argue that the alignment of the stars hurt the performance of the turbo while the z06 had been fitted with illegal tires made of dark matter and that it was altogethor irrelevent and the z06 "doesn't work on the road"

Or heads might just explode

Comment

sounds like a good one, looking forward to the Stig in the SL

Comment

Working...
                                        X