[09x05] February 25th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blythy: You really are an anorach! :p

Blythy: You really are an anorach! :p

I would refute that, but I'm so fucking bored right now I'd let a cat strangle me.

Er...No. its gonna cost ?211,000. A tad expensive even for him. And he has got his new Gallardo Spyder to wait for :lol:

It's not too expensive for him, its just ridiculous money. Also he might lose some of his appeal if he starts spending so frivolously.

Somebody did, but they aren't saying who... sure sounds like Stig...

Actually, I remember reading on WreckedExotics or the German guy's website claiming the Murcielago is defective, that the car was crashed by Lamborghini's test driver. Forgot his name though, there was a video on Youtube where he drove Clarkson around in a Diablo and then a Murcielago.

If my suspicion is correct then maybe Clarkson in a Murcielago LP580 (I've got a feeling Blythy will correct the name :) ) tries to keep up with Mr. TestDriver in an LP640, only to find disaster ensues...

Last edited:
Kristen Scott Thomas

wow, the person against all COOL WALL cars are measured is the celebrity guest!

Where is TG going ?

Where is TG going ?

I have been a huge fan of Top Gear ever since Series 2 when James May joined. The film making, music scores

and photography, have been outstanding and probably the best on TV even to this day.

The stunts they interject into some episodes are very entertaining (particularly taking the top off the

Espace, 1500 quid sports coupes etc). However, these type of stunts seem to have become the norm and are

losing the impact they used to have.

The unscripted feel of the older series' seems have been lost.. The whole show just 'feels' more

manufactured and staged. They have set themselves high benchmarks from past episodes.
Yes do the stunts and entertainment sections, but not EVERY single show! Is this still a car show or just 3

blokes filling in their weeks with whatever they can find. We all love the cross country races, boat cars

etc.etc.. but these were spread over a lot of episodes.

So far in Series 9: we have laid a road (average) & tested 3 cars playing golf and doing art critique for

almost an entire show. The American road trip was very good, and the veyron top speed was breathtaking film

making.. but the rest of these shows seem to be lacking any substance. And what is with this plugging and

showing clips of the latest movies the guests are in... relation to cars and TG? NONE. They never used to do that..why now.

Jeremy Clarkson's comments seem to be becoming more offensive and ridiculous for no reason. I used to find

JC quite amusing but once again, are we running out of steam? The whole show is (I really hate to say)

starting to look a little tired. Don't base an entire series just doing pointless stunts. Yes I do love them but when you get too much of a good thing, it loses its impact. How about what they do best, some good car reviews as well!

I really hope the rest of this Series has more substance than what we have seen so far.

If my suspicion is correct then maybe Clarkson in a Murcielago LP580 (I've got a feeling Blythy will correct the name

oh jesus titfucking christ, I'm not that bad of an anorak (I have a head for facts and figures and I was bored and checked the fucking weather :p). but wiki says it's just a murcielago. And it's named after a famous bull apparently from the Muira breeders....

I ain't too keen on the murcielago anyways, much much much prefer the gallardo.

Kristin Scott-Thomas, This should be interesting. ;)

I have been a huge fan of Top Gear ever since Series 2 when James May joined.

Jason seems to have been a strong Top Gear fan deterrent.

these type of stunts seem to have become the norm and are losing the impact they used to have. The unscripted feel of the older series' seems have been lost.. The whole show just 'feels' more manufactured and staged.

I like the stunts, but I have the scripted scenes. I hate to say it but I think the American Adventure episode was a bit too much.

showing clips of the latest movies the guests are in... relation to cars and TG? NONE. They never used to do that..why now.

Hopefully something can be done to improve the plugging scenes. BUT! I think I know why it has arrived. Instead of clamping down on BT-downloads of Top Gear they decided to embed advertising that will reach however many people around the world. I heard it had something like 1 Billion viewers world wide through BT. Sounds farfetched.

I have been a huge fan of Top Gear ever since Series 2 when James May joined. The film making, music scores ...

First of all, quality first post :thumbup:

Secondly, I agree. The show looks to be losing steam, but perhaps its not because they have run out of things to do, but because they are trying to appeal to more people. I thought Jezza was the type of person that would never let that happen to his show but perhaps I was wrong.

As for the scripted feeling the show has now, I couldn't agree more. In the earlier seasons they had me fooled with the in-studio bits. I would have never guessed they were scripted. Now it looks artificial.

I could watch any episode you give me from any other season a million times over and over. Yet as for this season, I don't have the urge to watch any of the episodes again. I thought I was alone for a while thinking this way, but if there's this many of us that feel this way.. we can't all be wrong, right?

Nope.

Kristen Scott Thomas

wow, the person against all COOL WALL cars are measured is the celebrity guest!

yeah! that should be great, and I'm looking forward to that the most! :)
It sure will be interesting :)
They should ask her to arrange the Cool Wall as she really see's fit :) And in the end, Jeremy probobly wouldn't like something and throw her out :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.