This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[09x05] February 25th, 2007

This week they go all rural as they harness a group of high-tech tractors and attempt to grow their own petrol. Meanwhile, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 dances with the devil on the test track and Kristin Scott-Thomas is the star in a reasonably priced car.

so that restraining order WAS a joke :p

This Christmas... Ben Collins... is.... THE MAN IN THE SANTA SUIT.

Comment

Only one car review? Sounds a bit like the 1st episode this season :\

I love the cocking about, but there should be at least two cars in each ep.
      Many are called, but few are chosen
      and many who are first, shall be fourth
      and many who are third will actually kick down into second

- James May

Comment

Yeah, it should be 10 eps per season with 1 race, one cheap car challenge and 1 build challenge. Other than that 2 reviews per ep + weird test a la Ford Ka vs. Pigeons... Sould help to bring the cost down. Please: Back to basics.

Anyway: You think Jeremy will start to think about buying a LP640?

[18:11] MXM: it means buba is better than you now
        [18:12] sam-l: In what way?
        [18:12] Slycer: longer penis

Comment

Originally posted by Buba View Post
          Please: Back to basics.
          Why would they go 'back to basics' when the ratings have been going up in relation to the increase in stunts.

Face it - Top Gear has evolved into an entertainment show that happens to feature cars. It isn't a car review show anymore. And as long as the people that pay for the show (British Licence Fee payers) keep watching the show will stay in its current format.

If you want reviews buy a magazine or watch Fifth Gear.

From now on I expect there will be 1 stunt, 1 car review, 1 star and a car round the track in each episode - it's the format they seem to be settling on.

Oh and probably 6 to 8 episodes a series so they can spend more on the stunts.
          ---------
          Ryan Morrison
          Listen to my show on the BBC iPlayer

Comment

I love the sound of the farming. They could start a trend if they pull it off. Otherwise it'll be a very spectacular explosion.

Comment

Sounds like a good episode8)
              Can't wait for the LP640..

Comment

LP640...... didn't the STIG do the same thing as the CCX in it when he did the lap?

Comment

Please: Back to basics.

If it still be like now (in my opinion now is pro 8) , nice, funny etc.) or they will back to bacics (more pro ), which was a little better than now, it still be my favourite show about cars

Difference between now and "basics" is big but whole Top Gear didn't suffer a loss and still it is superb show.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/8549777@N08/

Comment

and i'm gonna be there!! yay

LIVERPOOL FC

Comment

Anyway: You think Jeremy will start to think about buying a LP640?
                      ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

Yeah, it should be 10 eps per season with 1 race, one cheap car challenge and 1 build challenge. Other than that 2 reviews per ep + weird test a la Ford Ka vs. Pigeons... Sould help to bring the cost down. Please: Back to basics.

Comment

So that's what the season preview with the towing challenge cars and "a man of enthusiasms" was all about!

Comment

Waiting for the LP640

Comment

Originally posted by STi Nut View Post
                              LP640...... didn't the STIG do the same thing as the CCX in it when he did the lap?
                              Somebody did, but they aren't saying who... sure sounds like Stig...

Originally posted by Sunday Times
                              Insert Formula 1 Team Here

Comment

Nice read. Interesting how some people are just lawsuit happy and blame everyone else for their actions.

I've always held that everyone should take some form of performance driving school to better acquaint themselves with the limits of their own vehicles and selves. Learning to drive doesn't stop when you get that paper or card from the government.

At least in the case of the Lambo getting injured on the track, it was that...on the track. Luckily there were no other injuries.

Comment

Lambo!!

Comment

Cant wait...

"The top speed is 200...well tell you what lets find out"

Comment

I wish they would review some of the cars that Fifth Gear did. Citroen Picasso, New Mini, New Corsa, etc. The Fifth Gear reviews were largely useless in my opinion.

My 1993 Lexus IS 150...
                                      If you actually googled this up, then I've got some bad news for you...
                                      Samsung Nexus S w/ ICS

Comment

Originally posted by upyourego View Post
                                        Why would they go 'back to basics' when the ratings have been going up in relation to the increase in stunts.

Face it - Top Gear has evolved into an entertainment show that happens to feature cars. It isn't a car review show anymore. And as long as the people that pay for the show (British Licence Fee payers) keep watching the show will stay in its current format.

If you want reviews buy a magazine or watch Fifth Gear.

From now on I expect there will be 1 stunt, 1 car review, 1 star and a car round the track in each episode - it's the format they seem to be settling on.

Oh and probably 6 to 8 episodes a series so they can spend more on the stunts.
                                        Ugh. We get the point. Don't need to say it every god damn thread..

Fifth Gear don't do proper reviews, they just do rubbish. The guys on Top Gear review cars with their hearts, not their heads. I love cocking about, be it needs to be in the right mix.

I know, it's been said about one-hundred-and-sixty-ten-thousand times

EDIT: ANYWAY, seems like a good episode, but I don't want the petrol making to fill the whole episode, or atleast half of it.
                                        2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual
                                        1997 Ford EL Falcon Wagon - 163kW/366Nm 4sp FraudSlushOMatic

Comment

Working...
                                        X