This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[10x05] November 11th, 2007

We take a sideways look at the dirty business of commuting in the capital, as Jeremy, Richard and James race each other across London.

Hammond's new hair-do gets tousled by the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster in a race against a man with a rocket-propelled rucksack.

The hotly tipped Caparo T1 arrives on the test track, but will the weight of expectation stop it from knocking the Koenigsegg from the top of the lap board?

And our star in a reasonably priced car is pop impresario Simon Cowell.

Last edited by Viper007Bond; November 4th, 2007, 8:49 PM.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

Comment

Simon Cowell returns!

Caparo T1!

AWESOME

Comment

We take a sideways look at the dirty business of commuting in the capital, as Jeremy, Richard and James race each other across London.

Hammond's new hair-do gets tousled by the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster in a race against a man with a rocket-propelled rucksack.

The hotly tipped Caparo T1 arrives on the test track, but will the weight of expectation stop it from knocking the Koenigsegg from the top of the lap board?

And our star in a reasonably priced car is pop impresario Simon Cowell.
        LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

Ah good, it's been updated already. Thanks.
          My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
          There is no replacement for displacement.
          - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
          ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
          - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

sounds great, finally the caparo and nice to see cowell back. Cant wait!

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to the guest segment (not that I don't like it, but I don't usually anticipate it). Should be good.

Comment

lets hope the stig doesn't get burned in the caparo

Comment

Originally posted by epp_b View Post
                  I'm actually looking forward to the guest segment (not that I don't like it, but I don't usually anticipate it). Should be good.
                  me too ... I actually watch the star segment only if I know the star.

And the race across London sounds fun... anyone know what car Richard Hammond is driving? Or are they going to be on Public Transport?
                  OpticsCentral - Australia's Optics Superstore for Telescopes

Comment

Sounds great! I'm really looking forward to the commuting segment, too.

I quite enjoyed Cowell's first interview, I think I'll actually bother to watch it!
                    2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual
                    1997 Ford EL Falcon Wagon - 163kW/366Nm 4sp FraudSlushOMatic

Comment

The Stig's going to be on public transport... Looking forward to see how he gets on, considering that the speaking part of his brain has been reattributed to the driving part through some weird medical experiment/
                      (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

Can't wait to see their race across London & Simon Cowell as the star again. 8)

Comment

Maybe they will finallly get the bugatti in the Stigs hands once Simon Cowell gets his. He should let them run it...I would.

Comment

Originally posted by vikiradTG2007 View Post
                            The Stig's going to be on public transport... Looking forward to see how he gets on, considering that the speaking part of his brain has been reattributed to the driving part through some weird medical experiment/
                            i bet he has a white oyster card, like his credit card, that just says "stig, the"

Final Gear around the world care package
                            discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Should be a good episode I reckon. Cowell has a good shot at taking top spot. Go the Caparo.

Race should be rather amusing as well.
                              "There were no speed limits then, because homosexuality hadn't been invented yet" - J. Clarkson

Comment

Going to be a good epp, Not sure why everyone likes Simon Cowell I'd rather see him take a long walk of a short cliff myself. the T1 no doubt will be utterly awesome. but who will be driving it?

Aston v Jet man - Well just says it all its gotta be good, and intresting!

The race thru London will be good, I suspect Jeremy in the boat will win.

My Twitter
                                You'd be surprised how close it is. I've actually got 57 cubic feet of cheese in there, and if you covert cheese into dogs, that's 4.3 great Danes - J.Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                                  i bet he has a white oyster card, like his credit card, that just says "stig, the"
                                  That would be the coolest Oyster Card ever.
                                  Enzo Curi Tutti.

Comment

Originally posted by STi Nut View Post
                                    lets hope the stig doesn't get burned in the caparo
                                    I hope so too.

Originally posted by anti-net View Post
                                    the T1 no doubt will be utterly awesome. but who will be driving it?
                                    Well, the Stig of course.

I'm willing to bet money that the Caparo T1 will demolish the Koenigsegg CCX's time.

Comment

Originally posted by nist7 View Post

I'm willing to bet money that the Caparo T1 will demolish the Koenigsegg CCX's time.

Agree.

Comment

Caparo T1 will be awesome
                                        Race sounds cool
                                        Hammond feature not so much
                                        Cowell has a very good chance to top the board, but more importantly he's probably going to be interesting, because the last few Stars have been meh, in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
                                        X