This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[12x03] November 16th, 2008

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take on the challenge of making an ordinary second hand car lap the test track as fast as a brand new, purpose built sports saloon. Also, James travels to the frozen north to discover why the Finns are such good racing drivers. Meanwhile Richard hammers around the track in the outlandish Veritas sports car and Mark Wahlberg is the Hollywood Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

Holy shit, Marky Mark! I am looking forward to that.

Comment

I hope its a convertible. It would be very funny to see the roof collapse from the wind as it did in the Convertible People Carrier challenge.

Comment

Is Mark Wahlberg well known in the UK? He seems like one of the last people that would be a guest on Top Gear. The Veritas Roadster is badass, that's the review I'm most looking forward to.

Comment

Somehow I think that many Americans here will love that Wahlberg is on SIARPC, even though most of his movies are pretty bad... I have the misfortune of owning the modern "Italian Job"

Comment

Originally posted by bartboy9891 View Post
            Is Mark Wahlberg well known in the UK?
            I know him as Marky Mark, as a white rapper, and as Chris "Izzy" Cole from Rock Star.

Yes, I've heard of him.
            Originally posted by pfrocker
            Ironlord should work for Sniffpetrol

Comment

Sounds like it all has potential. A silly challenge for those who like the cocking about, a slightly more sensible piece from Mr May for the old farts like me who think he is somewhat underused especially of late, and a SIARPC segment that could be good for once - cue a stream of feeble attempts from Marky Mark to plug "Max Payne" while Jeremy rips into him about "The Italian Job" and asks if he got to see Charlize Theron naked!
              WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

James in finland=Hakkinen. Fuck yeh!!
                "There were no speed limits then, because homosexuality hadn't been invented yet" - J. Clarkson

Comment

I'm liking the sounds of this - the challenge sounds great, but I'm really looking forward to James' piece on the Finns.

Comment

haah James hates the cold - remember how much he sulked at the start of the Polar Challenge.

I bet Jeremy 'voluteered' him.....

who the hell is Mark Wahlberg...?

only joking

Comment

Sounds like it will be a great episode. I hope they actually modify the cars engines instead of just stripping out the cars.
                      THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY
                      "Deprogramming the masses since 1547"

"Jean Todt's system will never succeed, not even with Michael Schumacher" - Niki Lauda, 1995

Comment

Sounds like a great episode - really looking forward to the 'making an ordinary second hand car lap the test track as fast as a brand new, purpose built sports saloon' challenge - can't wait!

Comment

This will be one of the best TG episodes ever, mark my words.

Just no way they could muck this one up! Finns, marky Mark, Veritas and people carrier racer!

Comment

Hakkinen and the Avantime with a F1 car rear wing! Can't wait...
                            (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

This episode looks like the highlight of the season to me .

Comment

-Every man dies, not every man really lives-
                                http://bromic.kinja.com/

Comment

The man from the Italian Job! NICE!

Comment

This one sounds like a winner! But I have exams so I won't be able to see it until the week after.

Comment

I wonder if Clarkson will be shielding the minorities in the audience from being attacked by Wahlberg

Comment

Im pretty excited for the making a used car as fast as a new sport saloon.
                                        Never put off for tomorrow what you can do today

Comment

Working...
                                        X