[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are challenged to drive from the heart of Switzerland to the North Western coast of England on just one tank of fuel. And as an incentive, the first one to arrive gets to turn on the Blackpool Illuminations.

what car will they be using?

So that's why one of them didn't make it to Blackpool

Last edited by a moderator:
^Hey, nice spoiler! Thanks!

use the
[ /spoiler] tags next time.

EDIT: Thanks SL65!

Last edited:
Now THAT'S a good challenge!

A Pan European Race with all three in cars and a point to prove? Has the makings of Epic but hopefully without the Fail to follow.......

Now this sounds like a cracker. Can't wait for what trails and tribulations each presenter will have in the way. If any. This isn't a cheap car challenge. :(

can't wait! This is shaping up 2 a fantastic season!

How many episodes are in this season total?

I guessed with "the heart" and put it as Bern just to get an idea how far they are going and mapquest says it's;

"Total Est. Time: 14 hours, 37 minutes Total Est. Distance: 876.97 miles "

So 900 miles on 1 tank, that's going to be pretty impressive.

Looking at the preview I wonder if the pink bike will be used in this or if that's from a later episode (Vietnam?)
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/seasonone/2008/11/10/vlcsnap-5587551.png
Maybe the ship is like the truffle, something they have to carry with them that also makes using smaller things like a vespa much harder than getting a car?

Looking at the preview I wonder if the pink bike will be used in this or if that's from a later episode (Vietnam?)
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/seasonone/2008/11/10/vlcsnap-5587551.png
Maybe the ship is like the truffle, something they have to carry with them that also makes using smaller things like a vespa much harder than getting a car?

Vietnam challenge, definitely. The blogs on TG.com say that the challenge was to cross the country while modding the hell out of a bike.

I can't think of any old car that can cover 900 miles on a single tank of gas.

The car has to be economical, and yet have a big fuel tank. This rules out any small European car (my Polo can only take 45 litres)

I would use one of the lorries that they had in the past weeks episode you might be able to drive 1000 miles on a fill.

Well...Jeremy did a little more than 800 miles with that Audi A8 Diesel in Series 4 when he went from London to Edinburgh and back on a single tank...so with a smaller sized engine and a lighter car and the same (boring) driving style...possible. And where did it say it had to be a cheap used car?

Heres what I'm thinking will happen, Jeremy will get into his cars yell POWAH!!!!! and then storm off and a mile later run out of fuel with the same old thats not gone well!

I hate being poor. Too bad Top Gear isn't hiring broke losers who spend their lives on FinalGear :lol:

It looks to me that ep. 4 will be better than ep. 3, but we will see I guess.

I wonder if they're all driving with stock gas tanks? If that is the case, then the fact that any of them made it at all is pretty amazing. I always can't wait to see more TG, am frenzied with excitement, watch it, enjoy it, then go into a panic and get the shakes as I can't get my TG medicine :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.