[12x05] November 30th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Race is gonna Be good, No Clarkson though which should make it different, Maybe Better? Clarkson on the IS-F and M3 is gonna be interesting. He's gonna knock the lexus for its low reving engine, and the M3 because, well its an M3. I know in the prevous test he conceded that the M3 was the best, but he still went for the Merc. Which ever way it goes it gonna be good.

Jezza already thinks the lexus is one of the best looking cars on the road these days. Its in one of his reviews on timesonline.

edit: its his Brera S review
Other really good-looking cars on the market today are the Lamborghini Gallardo, which is one of the best-looking cars ever made in fact, the Jaguar XKR convertible ? especially in dark grey ? the Alfa Romeo 8C, the Citro?n C5 estate, the Lexus IS 200, the drophead Chevrolet Corvette C6, the Dodge Challenger and the Maserati Quattroporte.

Last edited:
Cant wait for this one! also very surprised JC isnt part of the challenge.

Also cant wait to see the M3 dominate that Toyota :D

im really thinking this could be a 9 or 10, TG DONT LET ME DOWN!

BMW M3, always a treat for me. :D

IS-F?

I got 2 words for it: MANUAL TRANSMISSION.

Didn't drive it, probably wouldn't get a test drive around here, so can't comment on the handling or the power or the styling or how good the slushbox is or anything, and don't even have to. Because of those 2 words mean the world to me, I voted with my wallet and bought the BMW.

C63 AMG was the same thing, btw. Logically the Merc should be here as well, kinda unfortunate they looked at it last season.

Can the B7 RS4 be still bought new? Or is that totally ancient history now?

Next episode will also feature the bus race...but no SIARPC mentioned yet...maybe some special surprise guest because of Ep. 100? :unsure:

Double-decker deathmatch

On this week's jet-setting, playboy-friendly, yet still based-in-a-tin-shed-just-outside-Guildford edition of Top Gear, Richard and James set out to answer that age-old question; "what's the best mode of transport for travelling from Portofino to Saint Tropez: Classic Ferrari or off-shore powerboat?"

Richard will be pedalling the glorious Ferrari Daytona, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. James, meanwhile, will be helming the snappily titled XSR-48, which, with a top speed of 80mph, is not only the fastest production diesel boat in the world, but is also equipped with a carbon-fibre racing toilet.

Also on this week's show, we'll be continuing our tradition of inventing new and highly destructive motor sports as Richard gathers together our motley band of touring car drivers for a spot of bus racing.

It's bound to be a highly relevant test of mass-transit solutions with absolutely no body contact or massive crashes whatsoever - and that's a Top Gear promise.

And, as if that wasn't enough, Jeremy will be driving the latest super saloon that's lining up to take a crack at the BMW M3 - the Lexus IS-F.

Next episode will also feature the bus race...but no SIARPC mentioned yet...maybe some special surprise guest because of Ep. 100? :unsure:

SIARPC is, according to the Radio Times that dropped through my door this morning, TV presenter, architecture guru and thinking woman's crumpet Kevin McCloud who was supposed to be on last week and then wasn't for no readily explained reason. That may be hokum but we'll just have to wait and see. Mrs Hersworksfinetoo and I quite like his shows on Channel 4 - Google/Wikipedia him if you can be bothered.

I was filled with a fear for a moment at the prospect of no SIARPC. I hope that TG never listens to the whiners here who want it gone, as I think it breaks up the show nicely. It also gives me an excuse to go to the bathroom if the guest sucks! :thumbsup: :lol: That really only happened in series 11 though, this series SIARPC has been pretty good!

SIARPC is, according to the Radio Times that dropped through my door this morning, TV presenter, architecture guru and thinking woman's crumpet Kevin McCloud who was supposed to be on last week and then wasn't for no readily explained reason. That may be hokum but we'll just have to wait and see. Mrs Hersworksfinetoo and I quite like his shows on Channel 4 - Google/Wikipedia him if you can be bothered.

Wait... that can't be right.:unsure:

Topgear.com said:
The Mole has sneaked into the production Portakabin to post this blog now, while Jeremy interviews this week?s guest (a proper, real-life superstar. Honest).
http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/11/27/sneak-peak/

Kevin is nice, but he isn't exactly a "superstar"?

Kevin is awesome, I lvoe it when he's totally condesending on peoples crappy designs or when they cut corners.

Wait... that can't be right.:unsure:

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2008/11/27/sneak-peak/

Kevin is nice, but he isn't exactly a "superstar"?

Hence suggesting it could be hokum. I think his name is a smokescreen (remember when Alan Titchmarsh was supposed to be the guest and I think it turned out to be Mansell or something?). I have a sneaking suspiscion that they are planning for Lewis Hamilton to come back and have a go on a dry track. The weather forecast and his availability might then explain why Kevin McCloud has been listed twice. I was quite surprised at his name being mentioned as I seem to remember he is an advocate of one of the new eco-towns, one of which Jeremy has been outspoken in his opposition to due to its proximity to his home in the Cotswolds. We'll see tomorrow anyway.

I can't wait to see Jezza powerslide the Lexus.:cool:

I'm hoping for a bunch of Lexus jokes from Jeremy. And I find the fact that 12x06 has more comments than 12x05 even though it is a week away.

I laughed out when the camera went from the shoes to James' face. Completely out of the blue.

yeh that was proper funny!!! i literally lol'd! my dad was on the other side of the room on the laptop and heard me laugh out louder than a jet plane taking off!

Status
Not open for further replies.