This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[12x06] December 7th, 2008

Jeremy Clarkson and James May invade Greenham Common airbase to ask if the Communists ever made a good car. Out on the test track, Richard Hammond goes crazy in the Veritas, a Germany sports car, and Jeremy conducts an almost ridiculously thorough road test of the new Ford Fiesta. Plus, London mayor Boris Johnson is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

SWEEEEEEEEET!

Comment

BORIS!!!!

Also Ford Fiesta

Comment

I hope Jeremy doesn't drive it for 3 seconds and drop a dumpster or something on it, or just say it's fine and then just review some other supercar, like either the GT2 or the Daihatsu. Not that those were wrong for their specific reviews, but I would like to hear his opinion on the Fiesta.

Comment

Originally posted by controlspecimen View Post
          I hope Jeremy doesn't drive it for 3 seconds and drop a dumpster or something on it, or just say it's fine and then just review some other supercar, like either the GT2 or the Daihatsu. Not that those were wrong for their specific reviews, but I would like to hear his opinion on the Fiesta.
          The way they word it "ridiculously thorough road test" indicates to me that it'll be something rather funny. Its not going to be a "ridiculously thorough road test", its going to be something else, for sure. Its TG after all!

Comment

Maybe they meant a thoroughly ridiculous roadtest
            1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
            1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
            2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
            2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
            2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
            Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

Originally posted by Adunaphel View Post
              Maybe they meant a thoroughly ridiculous roadtest

That would be more TopGear-like

Comment

Originally posted by WillDAQ View Post
                BORIS!!!!
                x2.
                I usually hate the SIARPC segment... but I can't wait for this one.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Boris Boris Boris - Oh Mayor Boris. ... Bendy bus nemesis. ...

Point of information he is not the Lord Mayor of the City of London, just London Mayor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Mayor_of_London

There, feel educated?
                  Last edited by Cobol74; November 25th, 2008, 2:14 AM.

Comment

Good News on the Fiesta.
                    It's been a while since Clarkson road tested a real car.

Originally posted by Cobol74 View Post
                    feel educated?
                    Feel who?
                    "Where there is ball ache, may we bring lotions. Where there is error, may we bring a statistical margin for it to exist in. Where there is doubt, may they insist on bringing Cable. And where there is despair, may we bring a degree of initial confusion but eventually a somewhat enduring botched job."

Tucker's Law: "If some c**t can f**k something up, that c**t will pick the worst possible time to f**king f**k it up cause that c**t's a c**t."

Comment

ask if the Communists ever made a good car
                      I wonder if they got a Dacia 1310...
                      (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

if the Communists ever made a good car
                        I wanna see Ice assplode if they use a Yugo in that test
                        1986 BMW E23 735i Goodbye...
                        1996 BMW E36 328i Touring Executive R.I.P.
                        2001 Mercedes-Benz W203 C220 CDI Classic ...Aaaand it's gone
                        2003 BMW E46 330dA Touring Lifestyle Edition
                        2014 Renault Clio Tce 90 S&S Expression Pack Introduction
                        Rental roulette: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Comment

i would definately like to see the Dacia 1310 lol
                          especially one of those modified ones or something ridiculous

vikiradTG2007: iesti roman bah?

Comment

Originally posted by stelvio View Post
                            i would definately like to see the Dacia 1310 lol
                            especially one of those modified ones or something ridiculous

vikiradTG2007: iesti roman bah?

Ce crezi? Normal...
                            (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

I'm still rolling on the floor laughing over his "Wiff-waff is coming home" speech he made after the olympics.

This'll be hilarious!

Comment

Contender for best episode ever? TWO car reviews, one of which is actually a practical one and the other which is completely insane; a May/Clarkson segment about old cars; and Boris returning as a guest! Boris is hilarious, I wish he could make time for some more HIGNFY episodes.

Comment

OOOMMMGGG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sweet, Boris is back. It'll be funny and interesting! Also the contrast of the Veritas with the Fiesta! More sweet!

Bit lost on the communist bit. I can't even fathom where they might be going with that. I think it's too early in the morning.

Originally posted by bartboy9891 View Post
                                    Boris is hilarious, I wish he could make time for some more HIGNFY episodes.
                                    Agreed. Some of the most piss-your-pants funny stuff I've seen in years.
                                    deviantART || Twitter

"If I was worried about what he thought Id have to change every single aspect of my life, including my face." - May on The Sun, Clarkson and caravans.

Comment

Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)
                                      Man, they're gonna be quick on the edit with the Fiesta, seeing as they just filmed some of it this past week (see the article in the spoiler section. Cripes, a spoiler about a spoiler?). Either way, it looks sweeeeeeeeet!

I've only seen Boris on his HIGNFY stints on the interweb. Having heard quite a bit about him on other webisites and such, this should be a cracking good interview.
                                      "I haven't got a carbon footprint. I drive everywhere!"
                                      ---JC

?We three kings of Orient are, one in a Vauxhall, two in sports cars...?
                                      ---JM

Comment

Originally posted by hemoh View Post
                                        Spoiler Text: (Click here to toggle display)
                                        Man, they're gonna be quick on the edit with the Fiesta, seeing as they just filmed some of it this past week (see the article in the spoiler section. Cripes, a spoiler about a spoiler?). Either way, it looks sweeeeeeeeet!

I've only seen Boris on his HIGNFY stints on the interweb. Having heard quite a bit about him on other webisites and such, this should be a cracking good interview.
                                        He was a guest on Top Gear several years ago, which was also a great interview. Also seeing as you are a fan of HIGNFY, you've probably watched Room 101 with Merton which Boris was also a guest on. But if not, all the clips are on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Comment

Working...
                                        X