[12x06] December 7th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jeremy Clarkson and James May invade Greenham Common airbase to ask if the Communists ever made a good car. Out on the test track, Richard Hammond goes crazy in the Veritas, a Germany sports car, and Jeremy conducts an almost ridiculously thorough road test of the new Ford Fiesta. Plus, London mayor Boris Johnson is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

I hope Jeremy doesn't drive it for 3 seconds and drop a dumpster or something on it, or just say it's fine and then just review some other supercar, like either the GT2 or the Daihatsu. Not that those were wrong for their specific reviews, but I would like to hear his opinion on the Fiesta.

I hope Jeremy doesn't drive it for 3 seconds and drop a dumpster or something on it, or just say it's fine and then just review some other supercar, like either the GT2 or the Daihatsu. Not that those were wrong for their specific reviews, but I would like to hear his opinion on the Fiesta.
The way they word it "ridiculously thorough road test" indicates to me that it'll be something rather funny. Its not going to be a "ridiculously thorough road test", its going to be something else, for sure. Its TG after all! :lol:

boriscartoon450_450x320.jpg

bozz512.jpg

I'm still rolling on the floor laughing over his "Wiff-waff is coming home" speech he made after the olympics.

This'll be hilarious!

Contender for best episode ever? TWO car reviews, one of which is actually a practical one and the other which is completely insane; a May/Clarkson segment about old cars; and Boris returning as a guest! Boris is hilarious, I wish he could make time for some more HIGNFY episodes.

OOOMMMGGG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet, Boris is back. It'll be funny and interesting! Also the contrast of the Veritas with the Fiesta! More sweet!

Bit lost on the communist bit. I can't even fathom where they might be going with that. I think it's too early in the morning. :D

Boris is hilarious, I wish he could make time for some more HIGNFY episodes.

Agreed. Some of the most piss-your-pants funny stuff I've seen in years.

Man, they're gonna be quick on the edit with the Fiesta, seeing as they just filmed some of it this past week (see the article in the spoiler section. Cripes, a spoiler about a spoiler?). Either way, it looks sweeeeeeeeet!

I've only seen Boris on his HIGNFY stints on the interweb. Having heard quite a bit about him on other webisites and such, this should be a cracking good interview.

Man, they're gonna be quick on the edit with the Fiesta, seeing as they just filmed some of it this past week (see the article in the spoiler section. Cripes, a spoiler about a spoiler?). Either way, it looks sweeeeeeeeet!

I've only seen Boris on his HIGNFY stints on the interweb. Having heard quite a bit about him on other webisites and such, this should be a cracking good interview.

He was a guest on Top Gear several years ago, which was also a great interview. Also seeing as you are a fan of HIGNFY, you've probably watched Room 101 with Merton which Boris was also a guest on. But if not, all the clips are on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=room+101+boris&search_type=&aq=f

Status
Not open for further replies.