[12x06] December 7th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be slightly OT, but I just can't work out why Londoners have such a big problem with bendy buses...they seem to work in almost every other city...*exactly the right pause*...in the world! Here in Berlin they also live in a happy co-existence with double-deckers since almost 20 years :)

We have little winding streets rather than wide boulevards - the bendy buses completely block corners and junctions for that reason. We also have some truly appaling bus drivers
But much more importantly - Brits don't like change, we live in the past.

Soviet showdown

Workers rise up and rejoice as this week's peoples' edition of Top Gear takes a peek through the Iron Curtain at some motoring miracles from the Eastern Bloc. Comrade Clarkson and Chairman May will be doing their patriotic duty by trying to find the finest example of Soviet engineering, before pitting it against a rival built by the downtrodden workers of the decadent West.

Normal service will resume as Richard presents a power test of the insane Veritas RS III - a brand new Teutonic supercar that proves the Germans really do have a sense of humour.

Meanwhile, Clarkson will be conducting an extremely thorough road test of the new Ford Fiesta. Trust us; you don't want to miss this one.

And as if that wasn't enough, London Mayor Boris Johnson will be making a second appearance as our star in a reasonably priced car.
That should be good :lol:

Boris has written an article discussing his upcoming appearance.

There are some items that could be considered spoilerish, so click at your own risk.

Please let this episode be as good as it sounds :D This should be fun!

Okay i've been trying to join the forum for weeks to tell you lot this but my email was broken.

In his road test of the ford fiesta, jeremy drives it round basingstoke shopping centre. The stig also plays a part, and jeremy leaves lots of skid marks on the floor.
How do i know? well i live in basingstoke and the local press has been on about this a lot. He and the stig filmed it from 9 o clock on a sunday night a couple of weeks ago till 5 in the morning the next day. There's various pictures on the internet of the skid marks on the floor, as well as a picture in the basingstoke gazette of jeremy standing with a load of people who work at town.
By the way, basingstoke shopping centre is a proper enclosed indoor place, not a high street. This episode is going to be good.

25061.jpg

well it sounds OK. I don't know why everyone is going "woo, Boris!!!!!111one" because he seemed pretty boring to me last time. But then again I'm not an Englander

I like bendy buses, they sort of work around here and are not as expensive as 2 seperate buses.

REALLY looking forward to the Fiesta review, since it's a stunningly goodlooking thing you might actually buy. Also, driving indoors FTW.

Not really bothered about the commie cars / Hammond in supercar, but I think those segments can be good aswell.

Report from someone who went to filming says Jeremy is using "synthetic saliva" to restore his voice. Bleurrrgghh!

James has an eye infection too. What a sickly bunch.

Jezza got a lot of teasing about the Heat Mag poll though. So the news should be good. :D

I wonder if they'll mention that this Sunday is a "Day that will live in infamy" to Americans? You'd think with being on the television and all, the TG production team would have Dr's crawling all over the presenters when they were ill. I really want to see what Western car they get to go up against the commie cars with. http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/next_episode.shtml

So many things Jezza can give BoJo a bollocking over: Bendy buses (why hasn't BoJo lived up to his campaign promise to eliminate them), congestion charges, speed cameras in London, and with the communist car segment on before perhaps Jeremy might throw in a few jabs at Red Ken.

It will probably be very tightly scripted and thusly uninteresting, but we can always hope!

A bit more info

TOP Gear's Jeremy Clarkson and James May will be seen visiting Greenham Common in Sunday's episode of the BBC's massively popular motoring show.
In a pre-recorded package, the petrolheads visited the common to film a feature on ?motoring miracles from the Eastern Bloc? - cars built in the Soviet Union and other Warsaw Pact countries during the Cold War
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=8709

That's why it's called a national, not an international holiday.

Don't remember anyone on the other side of the pond celebrating "Reunification Day".

Status
Not open for further replies.